--24--

jordans pov

"SHE WHAT." Aiden shouted across the car park.

Carter was filling us in on what happened at lunch. Damn, we needed to help Astrid. But how?

If I could, I would get this fucker arrested, but no can do. And Astrid wouldn't like it. We needed to get her out of there. Out of the country even, somewhere that she wouldn't be caught. Or we needed to get rid of him...

"What are we gonna do man?" I asked Carter, he was the one who knew her the best. Or used to, at least.

"I don't know. Make sure she's happy and stuff I guess? She was pretty darn upset earlier." he rubbed the back of his neck, shaking his head, "If I could I would just..."

"Glitterbomb the house?" Aiden suggested.

"No."

"Steal his potatoes?" he offered, once again.

"No."

"Uhhh-"

"Strangle him?" I asked. "He deserves it at least."

Carter looked at me, nodding. He unlocked the car door and we all watched as Astrid's car left the car park. We all looked at each other, and clambered into the car really quickly, following her home. We needed to make sure she was safe, and if she wasn't, well...we might have to do something about that.

The car ride was silent, but not awkward. We were all just focused on following the silver car and hoping neither of the two would notice we were following them. Carter already knew the address, which was handy when the car went a different way.

We ended up taking a slightly longer route and managed to get to Astrid's house just as she disappeared into the door, her male parental figure nowhere to be seen.

We stared at her house for a good three minutes, listening for any trace of screams or tears. There weren't any. Everything seemed...good?

"I don't like the feeling this is giving me." Carter stated.

"Yup." I agreed, running a hand through my hair once again.

"Because this is like...weird. He always was scheming about something. Like when he didn't contact her but contacted me, with my full name and- and the blackmail...so that I would have to end things...and it all just seems a bit...off?"

"I really don't know man." I shrugged, "I guess we just have to hope for the best."

"Yo! How about if we knock on the door and pretend to be one of those people selling stuff and see if its her or him that answers the door and if its her we can try and talk to her!!" Aiden piped up, looking around with wide eyes, "woah...who just said that? I am not smart enough to have said that."

Carter and I looked at each other and nodded, it was actually a pretty good idea, so we clambered out the car and locked it so Aiden wouldn't blow our cover. It was a good idea, have to give him credit but if he saw Assi then we didn't know what he would do. So we had to lock him in the car.

Carter knocked on the door, and we heard feet shuffling as it was unlocked. Strange.

"Uh- h..." Astrid answered the door, and her eyes widened when she saw us. "what are you doing here." she whispered.

"checking up on you." I responded, might as well tell the truth.

"WHOS AT THE DOOR?" an angry man shouted, and we saw Astrid begin to shake.

"Uh..just people selling us stuff...we don't want your junk. And don't check up on me again. I'm okay."

We looked at her skeptically, but shrugged it off. We kinda had to believe her, there was no one else who could tell us how she was feeling.

We had to make do with what we got.

----------
A/N:
word count: 673

hey mls!

sorry i keep writing short chapters I'm coming to the end of this book and yeah :))

6 chapters to go, incase your curious!!

thanks for reading

<33