--06--

After having a mental breakdown in a hallway of KFC, I was so fucking drained

After having a mental breakdown in a hallway of KFC, I was so fucking drained. I didn't know why Carter showed up, Kaitlyn told me she was going to get help. At least he didn't ask about why I was crying or why I was scared about a car.

I knew the boys were on to it, but I figured I had a while before they fully put two and two together. It wouldn't surprise me if they already knew, they weren't total dumbasses.

When we got inside, I was going to go upstairs and take a shower, but Kaitlyn grabbed my wrist to stop me. I let out a shallow sigh, knowing what she was about to talk to me about.

"Assi, are you ok?" she asked gently, as if I was a piece of glass that would shatter if someone went anywhere near it.

"Yeah, why?"

"Your dad was literally in the car park, you had a panic attack and then hardly said anything to anyone for the next hour. It was rude and awkward for me. I know you're mentally drained or some shit but at least try, babes."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to not have an argument with her.

"Kaitlyn. I thought you understood or at least... You know I don't have a ton of social energy and the fact that I actually had a panic attack was draining enough for me. If all you're going to say is that I'm a rude bitch then don't bother, I've heard it enough in my life." I took a deep breath as I pointed at her in the chest. "But I would never, and I mean never expect you to be so selfish and tell me that I should have just faked a smile."

"How is it my fucking problem? The world doesn't revolve around you and your problems. Yes, your dad abused you but what do you want? A medal?" she raised her voice sarcastically. "Well done, you didn't die from being kicked a couple times. Congratulations. You could have fucking fought back."

I was shaking from anger.

"Fuck you." was all I said, storming out of the house.

I began to cry and cry for the second time that day, not knowing what to do. The one person I trusted more than anyone else in the world said those things.

It hurt my chest, my head, it hurt everywhere that I began to feel numb. The effect her words had on my body was endless.

Was I really that selfish?

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, one, twice, three times before I checked it.

The caller ID said : Aiden.

Why was he calling me?

"Hello?" I asked, my voice still sounding like I had been crying.

"Assi? Are you ok? Kaitlyn just called Jordan and screamed the fuck out of our ears when we tried to stand up for you."

"That was quick..." I muttered. "Yeah I'm fine, I just want to sleep right now but I'm not going back to the house."

I saw Aiden mute himself, and figured he was talking to someone. Or he had given up on the conversation and didn't want to talk to me anymore. I was about to hang up the call when I heard it being unmuted.