--10--

This chapter is part of a triple update, make sure you've read chapter --09--

--

It was the day before the talent show, and any time I thought about it I would either gag or cry. I really didn't want to do it, but I couldn't back out.

My nerves were almost destroying me, I couldn't spend even a minute without thinking about it.

"Let's do something fun, today. Assi, your choice." Aiden told me, while we were in the kitchen as he made bacon and eggs.

I gave him a sneaky smile, running upstairs to check I had everything I needed.

A hidden stash of chocolate?
Check.
Four face masks?
Check.
Nail Polish?
Check.
Hair Dye?
Check.
Chick-flick movies?
Check.
Comfy clothes?
Check.

I smiled, grabbing all the stuff we needed as I ran downstairs. I was going to treat us all to a self-care day. Whether they liked it or not.

Before my dad...did stuff, I would have these days twice a month, and he would sometimes join in. I missed it, along with my guitar it was a stress relief.

The boys took one looked at the stuff in my arms, and began to shake their heads.

"Please?" I pouted, giving them all puppy eyes.

No one could refuse my puppy eyes, so they nodded after rolling their eyes at me. This day would be the best day ever.

However, we did have to go to the shops, so I could get a couple more items.

--

"Right, so we need tea, hot chocolate, we need to go to the skin care aisle and you lot need to get some sort of comfy clothes, rather than jeans. Also we need snacks. Lots of them." I commanded the boys, the moment we had got to the shops.

I sat in the trolley, as Carter pushed, telling him where to go and what to get. Aiden took a couple sneaky pictures of me, and I managed to get a group photo at the shops.

There would have to be a couple more group photos for later, when we actually do the face masks, but they didn't need to know that just yet.

Aiden threw packet after packet of sweets in there, before I commanded Carter to take me to the fruit aisle. I got packets of strawberries and milk chocolate, so I could make chocolate strawberries for us all.

--

I threw a face mask at Carter, one at Aiden and the other at Jordan. They took them out, gave me a confused look and then I remembered they had never worn one before.

I ran upstairs, got some scrunchies and gave them little ponytails in their hair, so that no hair would get into their faces.

I also needed to teach them how to wash their hair properly, it turned out. Carter's was fine, because I had sorted his out a while ago, but Aiden and Jordan's were a whole other story.

I put the face masks on them, then put on mine, cutting them so they fit our faces better. I took a couple group pictures, to post a set of them on my Insta later.

I made chocolate covered strawberries, which were gone in about ten minutes and put Mean Girls on.

--

After we watched Mean Girls, and did our face masks, I convinced them to dye the ends of my hair purple, so I could enter a new era of my life.

By the time they were done, it looked like our whole bathroom had been attacked by purple aliens. I was not kidding.

While we were waiting so I could wash the hair dye out, I showed Aiden and Jordan how to wash their hair properly, and I was even nice enough to towel dry it for them.

They rinsed out my hair, and I blowdryed it then straightened it, so that I could see how well the purple came out.

The boys actually did pretty well, there were a couple of spots I would have to touch up on, but they did better than I expected them to do.

I was ready to enter my purple era!

--

I managed to convince the boys to let me paint their nails, as long as I didn't make it "too girly". But no one would even dare to make fun of them if they did, so I didn't see the point.

I did Carter's nails black, because he's boring and wouldn't let me do anything else, tut tut tut.

Jordan got a dark green, with his middle finger black. He said he wanted to show people his favourite finger.

Aiden got purple. Like a bright purple, because he told me he didn't care what people think and now his fingers match his bestie's hair.

They each chose a colour and painted my nails together, which was a whole ass train wreck, so I had to take over in the end.

I posted a couple pictures on my Instagram, with the caption: 'convinced them to have a relaxy day. they looked like aliens xoxo.' and I also tagged them in it.

They enjoyed the day, and they managed to get me to take my mind off the talent show which was the next day, by doing everything I wanted.

I made them watch Mean Girls, Legally Blonde, She's All That and To All The Boys I've Loved Before.

Carter's favourite was She's All That, Aiden's was Mean Girls and Jordan's was To All the Boys.

They did tell me that one day, they get to plan the day and the movies, which basically meant video games all day, and then horror movies until 3 am, where someone would go off and scare us.

--

Before I went to bed, I got Carter's guitar and played it, warming up my voice and getting ready for tomorrow.

I didn't need to, but I wanted to find peace playing his guitar before the stressfulness of tomorrow.

I was prepared, I could do it. It would be great and I would smash it out of the park. I hoped.

Fingers crossed, I guess.

A/N
word count: 1034

I know this was a really short chapter, but it was just a filler for what's about to come!

Hope you enjoyed
xoxo