--11--

this was a triple update, so make sure you've read chapter --09-- and --10--xoxo

xoxo

--

I stood in the wings of the stage, looking out at everyone as nerves wracked me. There were so many people and I was sure I was going to mess up somehow.

I was the last act, which meant that everyone was pretty much bored by that time and I didn't know how I was going to get through it.

Yeah, I wanted to win, but was confessing my feelings through song enough, so that if I didn't win, I might have won...someone?

But what if he didn't feel the same. What if it ruined the friendship. Was there any point in ending that and potentially making everything awkward, for him to not feel the same?

There were only ten acts that had made it, each was given up to 5 minutes for their performance.

We had been in the theatre all day, doing sound checks and getting everything perfect so that there weren't any issues when we were actually performing.

Hailey had also made it into the show, after the fight I had got in trouble and the only way her daddy wouldn't press charges against the school was if she got into the show. Which was one of the most stupid things I've ever heard.

I looked out, and saw Aiden, Jordan and Carter in the very front row, a bag in between Aiden and Carter to save a seat, for me.

I met Aiden's ocean eyes, and he mouthed 'pep talk?' which I nodded to, so he snuck around the whole school.

--

"Aiden what if everything goes wrong? He doesn't even like me in that way, does he? I'm not doing-" I began to rant at him, when he finally got to where I was.

"Assi, you don't think he likes you?" Aiden asked, cutting me off before I spiraled some more.

"I'm scared."

"Let me tell you something about dear old Carter. It took barely a month for him to open up to you. It took over a year for me and Jordan. He only ever apologises to you. He tells you he cares about you. Any time we mention you, he blushes. His lock screen is a picture of him and you, with me and Jordan hiding in the back. He hasn't hooked up with anyone since Jasmine. He called you 'his girl' last week. Do you really believe he doesn't like you?"

"What if it's all a game?"

"Beb, if it's all a game, Jordan and I will end him. Trust me, ok?"

I engulfed him in a hug, burying my head in his neck. He didn't smell as comforting as Carter, but it was sweet nonetheless.

"I'll see you out there." he winked, walking away with a smile.

--

There were three acts until I had to go on, the most applause had been for the magic act and it was excellent.