--05--

(Carter's POV)

(Carter's POV)

"Why are you so mean to Astrid?" Aiden asked me after school, we had just finished for the day and I had managed to get into another arguement with her.

I had nothing against her as a person, but she reminded me too much of someone who had hurt me. Who had betrayed me and almost got me killed before I figured it out.

Astrid looked just like her.

Brown hair, like the outside of a mars bar, light brown eyes and these beautiful freckles that went from ear to ear.

She would be my dream girl if things had ended differently.

If she hadn't fucking betrayed me.

I know I shouldn't make the connection between them both, their personalities were completely different. Astrid was feisty and stood up to me but was always nice in the end. Even when I'm an asshole to her.

On the other hand, she, was horrible. She was a scheming snake who forced me to tell her everything, which was a whole ass mistake ; she used it against me the moment I had my back turned.

"Carter, you there?" Aiden snapped his fingers in my face.

"Yeah. I was thinking." I replied, smacking his hand away roughly.

"That's a first." Jordan piped up, looking down at his phone the moment he said that.

My brain was telling me to shove him into the car next to us, but I decided against it. I didn't think the owner of said car would be pleased.

"Aiden what do you want from me? She looks like...and I can't trust her because of that."

"Carter, Carter, Carter. This girl that betrayed you, who you have never told us anything about really, shouldn't decide how rude you are to someone who is so obviously perfect for you that you are being a dumbass right now. Astrid now doesn't like you and you missed your only shot at dating someone who is 100% your type, idiot."

There was no kidding that I found Astrid attractive, so did most of the guys in our school but she must have been sick of the guys looking at her like she's a piece of meat. I don't ever want to be that guy.

"I suppose I can try and be nice... maybe." I said, making his whole face light up.

There was no harm in trying.

"Good, I'll invite the girls to go to KFC with us, then."

--

Before we went inside, I pulled Astrid away from the group, I wanted to apologize for the way I freaked her out on the weekend.

"I'm sorry if I freaked you out on Saturday." I rubbed the back of my neck, not knowing what her reaction would be.

Her face softened into a beautiful smile, with hints of relief etched on it. She looked down at her nails and began to pick at them, she was over thinking something.