Chapter 8: Hot Pink & Lavender

***

The next day, Thursday, started off normal. Things were peaceful, almost too peaceful, at breakfast. That's when three houses realized one was completely missing. The Slytherins. Not a single one of them wasn't in their table- or anywhere in the Great Hall for that matter. 

"Look at their smug faces. I get they had something to do with it." Lily voiced out, looking over at the Marauders a few feet away, on the same long table..

Mary furrowed her eyebrows, not catching on what was going on. "What d you mean?"

"The Slytherins, of course! They don't all just decide to not show up for breakfast."

"But, that doesn't mean they did anything wrong. Something else could be going on. Like, a meeting with Slughorn?"

"Oh, Mary," Marlene patted her friend's head, with an amused pout. "Never change." Then she turned to Lily, and nodded. "What are you thinking? They flooded the dungeons?"

"Or locked their common room's entrance." She shook her head, feeling defeated. However, that didn't stop her from sending a glare James' way for a moment. "I just hope Sev is okay. They always target him."

Muttering to herself, Marlene rolled her eyes at the redhead. "You, and your little Slytherin..." Just on queue, a number of voices emerged from the Great Hall's entrance. Everyone from the other houses, including the three girls, Sandy, and the Marauders, watched as the Slytherins entered, and took their seats on their house's table. However, it took them a while to recognize them as the members from the house of snakes, due to a number of peculiar changes. 

As Sandy squinted her eyes, she noted changes these over the Marauder's snickers and chortles. Every single Slytherin had hot pink hair with lavender highlights. Additionally, their Hogwarts' robes had undergone a few adjustments. For starters, their house colours having been replaced with the same that were present in their hair. Futhermore, on their backs, a number of personalized sentences were written. Looking over them, Sandy read a few. 'The Marauders were here'. 'I'm a piece of shit and the Marauders agree'. 'I'm a manky, greasy haired wanker, hit me', that one in particular was on the back of Severus Snape's robes. However, there were more still. 'I'm a punk and a tosser'. 'I'm the biggest knobhead in the castle'. 'I'm as daft as a bush'. 'I love the Marauders with all my heart and soul'. 'Everyone knows I'm so pug-ugly'. 'No one is a better arse-licker than me'. The list seemed never-ending. 

Her lips twitched up a little, in amusement, even though she felt guilty for it. This event reminded her of the Weasley twin's pranks. Sandy felt nostalgic for a moment, recalling how much she rejoiced at their shennanigans back (or forwards) in the day. Since they graduated at the end of her third year, she only got to experience so much. Still, it was awesome. Be that as it may, her reminiscence of fond memories came to an end, as soon as her eyes came across a familiar (although younger) face in the Slytherin crowd. It was a short young woman, seemingly in her element with the pigment switch. According to the school roster she had nearly memorized, the girl was on a year bellow hers. Sandy had hoped to not see her so soon, but fate had other plans. It was bloody Dolores Umbridge. Fuckumbrella. Professor Umbitch. Instinctively, she brought her right hand to meet the back of her left hand, where a sentence had been scarred deep into the skin. 'I must not question my elders'. Shuddering, she abruptly stood up and left the Great Hall in a hurry. She just needed to get out of there, at that instant.