Chapter 26: A Bunch of Idiots Flying On Brooms

***

While on the Quidditch field's bleachers, a few individuals sat together, watching the effects of try-outs. "So, who drag you into here? Or did you come out of your own volition."

She jumped at the sudden voice, and turned to the side, meeting Remus' eyes. "Oh, ummm, I was planning on coming anyway, possibly-"

Raising an eyebrow, he interrupted Sandy. Already in his mind, the werewolf had a multitude of possible scenarios creating in his mind. "Who dragged you here? Was it James?"

With a small chuckle, Sandy shrugged, before finally giving him the answer he wanted. "Sirius. And the twins- the Prewetts. How about you?"

Remus merely nodded with furrowed eyebrows. It had not occurred to him that the two redheads could have been involved, but he could see it. Those two were not only co-captains this year, but always a chaotic duo in his eyes. "I am obligated to come. Although it used to be an unwritten rule of friendship, James decided to write it down when they joined the Quidditch team in year two. Unfortunately."

"Write it down?"

"Yes. There's a list of rules for our friendship. We add to it as we go."

"Like, an actual, tangible list?"

"Yep."

"I did not know that." Her admission held more meaning than the werewolf could ever imagine. Truthfully, Sandy was more so thinking about how, despite having knowledge from the future, she really didn't know as much as she thought. There were a lot of gaps on history she was unaware of, as well as how people were on this time. That was why individuals such as James Potter, Lily P- Evans, Marlene McKinnon, Mary MacDonald, Evan Rosier, Regulus Black, and even Barty Crouch Jr unnerved her. Hell, she could admit that being beside her old potions professor in potions class was already very intimidating. One little comment could likely change things. Assuming things could too. Although, there were times she tried to be rational about it all, such as how impossible it was for someone like her to make an impact that big, Sandy still approached things with severe caution. 

All the while, the boy beside her was oblivious. "You're only just met us." And yet, you've made the cut to be mentioned in the rules already, he couldn't help but think. It had been James' idea to add her, particularly about things they couldn't do in regards to the new girl. To begin with, there were restrictions placed on how 'friendly' Sirius could be with Sandy, given his reputation. Then there were topics that were forbidden to speak in her presence, to not trigger a panic attack. A third rule, in regards to how to behave if one of them was present when she had an attack of her own. And lastly, a fourth rule (this one implemented by Sirius) to keep Evan Rosier and other 'Death Eaters' away from the girl. It baffled the werewolf just how quick and how many rules had been made within a week of knowing her. He knew this meant they quartet had decided to adopt her into the quaint group of friends.

"I can't imagine you guys following rules." Sandy released a little snort of amusement, as the thought itself seemed unimaginable. In fact, they had repeatedly told her that they were not the rule type.

However, Remus was quick to make a compelling argument to explain how both things could be possible. "Our first rule was to not follow anyone else's rules but our own."