Chapter 38: Invisible But Not Inaudible

***

Throughout the entire weekend, and the week after, more and more Gryffindors kept requesting to be taught how to cast a Patronus. Due to knowing that a vast majority of them would end up in the Order of the Phoenix, and that they were at war, Sandy saw no harm in helping out. A few had gotten it down quite quickly, while others still needed more time. 

As expected, the Marauders's full corporeal Patronus shapes reflected their Animagi forms (or, on Remus's case, his lycanthropy, freaking him out when anyone saw his turn into a wolf). Fortunately, when Remus managed to achieve his, it was only the Marauders, and Sandy's roommates present. Speaking of the girls, Lily's Patronus was a doe, which, of course, had James professing his love for the redhead once more, stating that 'even their Patronuses knew they were meant to be'. It was safe to say Lily wasn't pleased by the loud declaration, but that did not stop her from becoming a flustering mess. It had been the first time Sandy had heard her stutter. Granted, it was mixed in between her angry rantings. 

The Prewett twins Patronuses were the same too, spider monkeys specifically. Creatures of mischevous nature, and deeply reminding her of the Weasleys. Although Fred and George Patronuses were magpies, there was no denying the similarities with Fabian and Gideon themselves. Such as their similar appearances, their smirks, and their penchart for trouble. Lastly, of course, lets not forget the spider component made her think of Ron, and his arachnophobia. 

Lastly, there other Gryffindors who, had managed to efficiently cast their full corporeal Patronuses over the week were Marlene and Mary. Theirs  were a fox and a hamster, respectively. Sandy couldn't help but feel accomplished by the edge she was providing all of these individuals, knowing what she knew of their choices in the future. Granted, she was still somewhat worried about Peter. Finding his happy memory had been incredibly challenging, but, they were successful. Perhaps, this was the very first step in ensuring he didn't become a Dead Eater. Surely, being able to cast such charm, which 'no evil person could do', would be most helpful in making him second guess any eventual thoughts of turning to the dark side. 

As the following week arrived, classes came and went. And so did her 'tea time' with Dumbledore. No matter the concerns she rose against time travel, linear loops, and whatnot, the man seem far too calm and collected about the idea of altering lifepaths. Specially 'Tom Riddles's'. It felt odd to hear him be referred to as such name, when Sandy had to spend a year, being fearful of pronouncing the previously taboo name, 'Lord Voldemort'. She'd never called him Tom. 

Currently, she was on her way to his office, for yet another of their tea times. The old man often wanted updates on how things were progressing with certain individuals, and was most joyful to hear about the Patronus lesson. He was insisting that she provide them more lessons on other charms and even the dark kind, for their eventual self-defence skills. She reluctantly agreed, for she understood the implications it would have on their lives, and the outcome of the war. "Ow, you step on my toe!" Someone whispered shouted behind her, followed by a 'shhh' sound of sorts. 

She whipped her body around towards the source of the voices, but found nothing other than an empty corridor. For a moment, she considered that perhaps two individuals were having a rendezvous at one of the broom closets, and forgot to cast a silencing charm. Shrugging, she proceeded to wander the halls, with Dumbledore's office as her chosen destination. However, after making a turn to yet another hallway, somewhat light food steps followed her. So, she halted her stride, coming to a stop, as she pretended the reason for her actions were to pull out a book from her satchel, checking something, and putting it back in. Evidently, the footsteps stopped a few seconds later. However, the heavy breathing (two, she deduced by the respiration noises near her). And so, she continued walking, and the footsteps re-started again.