Chapter 11: Hug Deprived

***

Once the tutoring lesson resumed, they agreed on meeting again, and parted ways. The dinner feast arrived, Sandy ate, and went straight to the Gryffindor's common room, reading a Jane Austen book; Pride and Prejudice. Although the book was written in 1813, this particular copy was from the future. She had carried it with her when she time travelled, as it was in her handbag with the undetectable extension charm. In her defence, there was not much to do when herself, Hermione, Harry, and (later too) Ron were in the woods. She needed novels, and the study material to entertain herself. 

The content of the book was the same, but the cover modernized. Sandy thought no one would notice though. hat they'd think it was simply an Australian copy. So, she sat on an armchair and read, ignoring the existence of anyone who came through their common room. 

That was until someone sat on the arm of her armchair, and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Hello there, cuteness."

Rolling her eyes, she looked up and glared. "Hi. And goodbye."

"Oh, come on, don't be like that, cuteness." He instantly pouted in complaint. As he spoke, Sirius leaned his body closer to her. "Look, I'm sorry about yesterday. I know for certain that I don't like to be told what to do. Clearly you don't either. Can we start over?"

She took in a breath and nodded. After all, she wasn't supposed to dislike him, to begin with. Sandy knew his future self, and all that awaited him. His fate was also one that needed change. And most importantly, he was a good person. She has just wanted to get away from James Potter, to not mess up Harry's existence. By speaking to Sirius, she couldn't possibly mess up his life, right? There was no future generation to be unborn, nor did he marry. It was the same with Regulus and Barty. That took off some of the constant pressure that was building up inside her, since time travelling. "I may have also over reacted a little."

His ears perched up at her response, not having expected it to be so easy. "Is that a yes?"

Sandy nodded. "Yeah, its a yes. But I still don't want to be friends. Any friends."

"Why not?" Sirius exclaimed loudly, before thinking back to the Slytherin. "But, you're friends with Snive-" Receiving a glare, he corrected himself. "Snape. You're friends with Snape."

"No. He's an acquaintance I'm friendly to."

That seemed most odd to him. Still, it would be a step closer to friendship, if he achieved the same. "So... Can I be an acquaintance you're friendly to also?"

With a shrug, Sandy allowed it. "Sure."

"Wicked! So, what are you reading, cuteness." He leaned towards her front, to take a peak at the cover, and grinned. "Hey, I know that one. Moony- Remus made me read it. You like muggle books?" Then he faltered for a moment, eyes wide. "Wait, no- that wasn't judgemental. That was curiosity. I love muggle stuff. Me? I'm a muggle lover. I solemnly swear!"

"I know. And yes, I do like muggle books. If you say you read this one- what did you think of it?"

Sirius tried to search through his brain all he remembered about the book, since it had been a year since he read it. "A historical romance. Not my style, but that Jane Austen woman is a good writer. I did love how Elizabeth Bennet was like 'Fuck you, Mister Darcy!', and not giving into him for so long after he was a jerk. But then, he becomes nicer, and she forgives him, which is also nice. I'm all for second chances, so long as the guy deserves it... Hey! That's you and me, huh?"