Chapter 25: Hangman in the Halls

***

The rest of the day went sort of well. In Transfigurations class Professor McGonagall very sternly announced that she had detention that evening. Given that the Marauders still had to serve their own detentions themselves, McGonagall had decided to delay the time until after Quidditch try-outs.

To Sandy's surprise, James didn't press her any further about them. And she didn't see neither of the twins had approached her for the whole day. Until they did. The first thing she perceived was footsteps behind her. This was followed by someone grabbing her by the arms and lifting her off the ground. Or rather, two someone's. "Come on, Patronus girl. We're going for a ride."

"Let me down!" Her feet swung beneath her, trying to reach for the ground. However, the two Prewetts kept on striding through the halls, holding her in the air, each one holding onto an arm. Their free arms were carrying their respective brooms, and they were dressed in their Quidditch uniform.

"We want you to try-out. Just, you know, give it a try." Gideon sniggered at his pun, still not letting go.

Fabian nodded on her other side, very vigorously. "Yes. Try out. We haven't been captains before, and getting you in- well, we would be making history."

"What?" Certainly, she knew that would be true. Just being in 1975 was enough to make history; literally. Even if only Dumbledore and herself knew about it. Everyone else being oblivious to the true impact of her mere presence. However, she wasn't certain to what they were referring to. "Making history? What are you going on about? I've never played Quidditch in my life!"

"We're glad you've asked." Gideon replied before the twins began listing their reasons to want her on the team.

"You're awesome."

"You're smart."

"You're badass."

"You're beautiful."

"Really hot, seriously."

"You're very skilled at nearly everything, apparently."

"And you're awesome."

Gideon scolded at his brother, voicing out the fact that Fabian had repeated himself. "You said that already."

"Yeah, well, it still counts." Fabian shrugged as he kept on striding through the halls. Then he turned back to Sandy and continued with the list. "You're also a Gryffindor, obviously."

"And being the Headmasters' goddaughter- Dumbledore's no less, is certainly a bonus. Not a reason though. We love you for you."

"Hhhmmm," Fabian hummed towards her, in agreement. "Yes, we do."

Huffing and puffing, Sandy groaned at the pair, still dangling her legs beneath her. "You lot need to put me down, now!" These guys are freakishly tall and strong.

Her voice seemed to attract attention, for someone showed up from behind a wall, having been walking through a hallway to their left. He too was dressed in his Quidditch uniform, like the boys, and was carrying his broom over his shoulder, without a care of the world. "Lads, m'lady. What's going on here?" Sirius stood up tall, although not nearly as tall as the fraternal, Prewett twins themselves. An amused smile decorated his features as he came across the scene, for Sandy's situation made her seem much shorter and tiny.