Chapter 41: House Points

***

"Relax, Regulus. She's going to be fine," Despite the words leaving her mouth, Sandy couldn't help but too feel anxious about Coral McKinnon. After all, she would be the one real change she could bring about in her time travels. Otherwise, this would mean Sandy's presence might not be able to make an effect in the future. Of course it can. The prophecy says I can... Right? All this bullshit cannot be for nothing! Her foot kept tapping onto the surface of the infirmary's floors as she watched the young girl be checked over by Madam Pomfrey. 

"Me relax? You relax!" He whispered shouted with a frown that nearly resembled anger. However, he turned back to look at Coral McKinnon, and pulled at the collar of his shirt in nervousness. Just the same, his hands were trembling, along with the rest of his body. 

Naturally, Sandy decided to focus on helping the boy in order to forget her own worries. It was the most productive thing she could do, and, as a bonus, she could ignore her feelings of distress. "You're shaking."

"Yeah, well, I'm cold. Soaked clothes do that to you."

Rolling her eyes, she pulled out her wand from her pocket, ready to point it at him. "There's a spell for that-" However, her hand was slapped away by the teen. She was left agape at his actions. "I'm trying to help!"

It was his turn to look annoyed, as he pulled out his own wand and murmured the incantation 'ventus'. Once the accelerated winds ceased to escape from the tip of his wand, and he finally found himself dry, he put it away. Admittedly, he was not annoyed by what he, otherwise, would consider an insinuation on him not knowing the spell. Truthfully, he simply did not like people doing things for him. Not when he could do them himself. Specially when any attempt of anyone assisting him would bring him not so pleasant flashbacks from Grimmauld place. It was better to do things himself. "What, what was that? With the, with the kissing?" Regulus swiftly changed the subject, still very much confused over the ordeal at the Black Lake. 

Letting out a breath, she shrugged, and allowed the new topic of conversation to fall between them. After all, her few attempts of earning the younger Black's trust had been squashed by the boy himself. He was still rather mistrusting of her sudden interest in his best friend, and was still feeling awkward about that one teary hug. "It's called CPR." At the puzzled face, she continued. "It stands for cardiopulmonary resuscitation. That was the only thing I could think of doing at the lake."

"It was... Odd. I never heard of this CPR. Is it a standard practice for healers?" Before he could receive a response, Madam Pomphrey approached them both, with Professor McGonagall beside her. As for Coral, she had laid down in one of the beds. At this, Regulus straightened up faster than a speeding bullet, each of his muscles tensing as if he expected someone to make an attempt on ending his life. "How- How is she?"

Everyone turned to Pomphrey expectantly. "Miss McKinnon will be fine. You both did well in bringing her here. The remainder of the water has been removed from her lungs. The head injury still needs some time. I'll be keeping her here for a little longer, to rest." At that, Sandy let out the longest breath of relief, with her shoulders collapsing onto themselves. No longer needing to be on alert.

McGonagall adjusted her glasses and looked between the pair of students. She had been called into the infirmary immediately, seeing as one of the children from her designated house had been injured to such degree. She had to admit, finding both a Slytherin and Gryffindor contributing together to help a young lady was a rather uncommon sight to come across. "Now, Pomphrey may not question the need for students to come here, but, I will. What in heavens happened?"