Chapter 46: Romeo and Juliet

***

The Amorobliteus Elixir was almost ready to be drank. Sandy could simply not wait, as the jittery feelings she got around Sirius seemed to be getting more and more intense every day. She blamed it on what she had heard was called the "ironic process theory" or the "white bear phenomenon", as, despite her attempts to not think about the boy, these efforts only made it worst. 

On the other hand, things seemed to be going somewhat better for Harry's future parents. Lily was, slowly, but surely, seeing James in a new light, and consequently, speaking about him more often- with less insults involved. A such instance that aided in the couple's future relationship took place that moment. It was James who approached the group of girls in the common room, strutting with his eyes fixated in one person. Much to everyone's surprise, it was not Lily, but Sandy. Just as he stopped infront of them, with an intense look in his eye (catching their attention easily), he held up the copy of 'Romeo and Juliet', with no book mark in place. "You. You did this." He held an accusatory finger pointed her way, as if there was need to clarify who he was addressing his anger to.

"Did what?" She tried to act innocently, even though she had caught onto what he may be referring to. 

He threw the book onto the coffee table in front of them, and crossed his arms, trying to control his ragged breathing. James had been looking for her everywhere, just to give her a piece of his mind. "You told me it was the greatest Muggle love story there is! I had very high expectations, and, and, what do I get?! They both bloody die!"

Noticing the water in his eyes, Lily stood up slowly, and turned to the boy softly. "James, are you alright?"

"I'm just having an allergic reaction towards lies, and betrayal from friends."

"If I spoiled the ending, you wouldn't have read it." 

"Of course I wouldn't!"

"And, that way, you would have missed the point of the book."

"The point being, what? That- that loving someone-" He gestured at Lily in the process, turning her as red as her hair. "Is hopeless? Respectfully f-f-f-f-fuck you!" It had been a struggle for him to insult a girl. His mother had taught him better. However, at that second, he was feeling rather emotional.

Sirius seemingly appeared out of nowhere, and came to Sandy's defence. He was quick to recall everything the girl had told him on the novel, and he had, in fact, decided to start reading it himself (despite having been spoiled on the ending). He was finding it to be a rather good read, and, actually preferred to understand what the story was about from the beginning. In his defence, anything and everything sounded interesting, if it came from Sandy herself. "Actually, its meant to teach that the hate from both families can destroy love. It's a lesson to stop people from hating each other. I also think that its a warning about getting caught up in young love and infatuation, and that communication is key to a good relationship." It wasn't until after he spoke that he realized he had added his own two sickles along the way. 

"So, you knew too!"

"And Remus." He stated with risen arms. "And, I only knew until recently, after you were halfway through reading it. But, you're missing the point."