Death (Edited 12/25/23)

"God! Why do I have these kinds of people in my life?!"

Judith Collins asked herself frustratingly while stuck in her car due to traffic.

"First, my family keeps asking me for money to support their lazy lifestyle, and I just keep giving in! Why couldn't I say no to them?! They even want me to pay off my younger sister's tuition! The obvious favorite daughter! Ugh! Maybe I still hoped that they'll show some appreciation towards me but..."She trailed off.

Deep inside, Judith knows her family never loves her. She doesn't know why but she suspects it is because of shallow reasons.

Her younger sister Vera have a beautiful face and figure, and is also popular with everyone around. While Judith isn't any of those things at all. She is the total opposite of her sister.

"And now my boyfriend had just broken up with me over the phone! He even admitted to cheating on me for the past 6 months! That scumbag!"

Her boyfriend's name is James. They had met in college and dated for 7 yrs since they were freshmens.

Judith thought that he was the one for her. They have been together for so long. On the day of the break up, what he said over the phone broke her.

"Judith, you are just too boring. All you do is focus on work and you barely want to go out. In the beginning we had fun, but now you are just too serious." He had said to her uncaringly over the phone.

"But it doesn't excuse you for cheating on me!" Judith had yelled at him.

".....It just happened and I couldn't control my feelings. She had a spontaneous personality that I can't help but feel attracted to..." He had said still in a careless tone.

"You know what?! FUCK YOU JAMES!! FUCK YOU!!! Judith hanged up and almost threw her phone but managed to control her impulse.

"God....despite making 6 figures a year as a software engineer.. why is my life so shitty....? I really have no one that really loves me..."

Just then, the red light turns green, snapping Judith from her thoughts.

While Judith started to drive again, a driver of a truck nearby suddenly lost control without anyone's notice.

The truck swerved speedily, hitting several other vehicles in its path and getting closer and closer to Judith's own vehicle.

Judith looks out the window and widened her eyes in a mix of shock and fear.

"What the-?!" She was abruptly cut off.

The truck impacted on the driver's side of her car.

Judith felt excruciating pain and then all she saw is black.

Judith Collins is no more.