Judgement (Edited 12/25/23)

Arthur watched Judith gobble up the spaghetti carbonara with a weirded out look before he clears his throat to get everyone's attention.

Judith gulped down her food before looking towards her so-called father.

"Judith, since the new school year will start in a week, I hope you will start changing your habits," he said to her sternly.

"What habits...daddy?" Judith cringed at the last part of what she said. The original Judith calls her father that...and he is not her actual father. Well, her actual father back on Earth is scum. So is her mom. Why did she still have to deal with terrible parents after she transmigrated?

"You know what I'm talking about," stated Arthur with narrowed eyes.

Damien scoffed out loud.

"Let me make it clear for her father so that you wouldn't have to deal with her ignorance any further today," he said to Arthur. His father nodded.

"Listen foolish sister, father means that you should start taking your study seriously and stop being a nuisance to Gabriel," Damien told Judith harshly.

"But I'm his fiancee!" Judith pretended to complain in a high-pitched voice. She internally winced at the sound. She f*cking had to act like a plastic!

"That may be so, but your extreme clinginess to him is making us look bad!" Damien roared at her.

"We just want you to tone down your affections for him, too much will divert his interest with you dear" added Elana gently.

What interest? That guy was never interested in me to begin with. Judith thought with a scowl.

Verona just remained silent and had her head down, but if you look closely her hand is clenching her fork tightly.

From the corner of her eye, Judith saw this.

"Geez, you guys are making a big deal about this. You know that Gabriel loves me." Yes, continue with the acting Judith even though you feel like gagging.

Damien rolled his eyes at what she said.

"Yeah sure," he said sarcastically. Despite being a year older, Damien knows his close friend a lot more than his delusional lovestruck sister.

"What is most important right now are your studies," Arthur reiterated his son's words, gazing coldly into Judith's eyes when he said that.

"I want you to improve your grades. You better start making a good impression to the Vandersons. They will not have a fiancee that brings down their reputation."

Judith sweated nervously when she saw his look.

"If I again see your scores are unsatisfactory by the end of the year..." Arthur left the sentence hanging.

Judith's body stilled, anticipating his next words.

"I will disown you," Arthur threatened with finalty.

Huh? Did I forget that Arthur threatens me with disownmemt if I didn't get my act together?

And I noticed Verona holding her fork so tightly that it seems like she wanted to stab something with it...did I miss something?

In truth, Judith doesn't remember the entirety of the novel she read.

The novel wasn't even that important to her so why bother?

As of right now, she regrets not remembering everything.

But first, f*ck this old man.

Judith gave a dramatic sigh.

"Fine! I will try harder to put my grades up! I think it's stupid because we have money so why make an effort!" Judith slams her hands on the table and pretended to not take his words seriously.

"Judith, I am being serious," said Arthur sternly, seeing that she still did not take his words to heart.

"Not surprising father, your words go from one ear to another for her" was all Damien said, crossing his arms with judgement in his eyes. Judith will never change her ways. She can never surpass Verona, who is his most favored sister.

Hey dude, if you keep making that face, you will get premature wrinkles! Judith thought.

Judith just wants to go back to her room so she suddenly stood up from her chair. She did not want to stay listening to them judging her any further. Also, she lost her appetite.

"Judith sit back down! Dinner is not over yet!" Elana exclaimed, seeing her stand.

"Sister! Where are you going?! Please calm down, there is no need to be angry!" Verona finally spoke, looking at her with wide doe-like eyes.

Judith saw the look of this so-called sister and thought:

Wow...so innocent...the kind men will drop to their knees for...and fight with each other like rabid dogs...

With an expressionless look, Judith said to her calmly,"I am going to my room."

"Watch your tone with Verona!" Damien suddenly shouted at Judith angrily.

What?! I am just telling her I am going to my room! What the f*ck is his problem?!

She have had it with him!

Judith snapped for the second time.

"THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! I AM JUST TELLING HER I AM GOING TO MY ROOM BECAUSE I AM NOT HUNGRY ANYMORE! WHAT IN THAT LUMP OF SHIT DO YOU CALLED A BRAIN DO YOU THINK YOU HEARD? GO GET YOUR EARS CHECKED YOU NIMROD!" Judith yelled at him, making her voice be heard in the entire dining room and beyond.

The servants like the butler and maids that stood by the walls in the dining room dropped their jaws to the floor.

Arthur, Elana, and Verona had a look of deep shock rooted on their faces.

Damien also had a shocked look, with bulging eyes and jaws wide opened, staring at Judith as if she is an alien.

Judith picked up a glass of wine and sipped it in one gulp before she slammed the glass back on the table.

"I'll be excusing myself," was all she said before leaving the dining room without asking for permission completely and without looking back to see their expressions.

She messed up again.