They Are Actually Not Bad

Judith's POV

I frowned "Fine. Let us go talk somewhere more private."

The four girls wordlessly went to a more secluded part of the hallway.

"Okay, now that we have enough privacy between us, what do you guys want to talk to me about?" I asked impatiently.

Hillary, Jennifer, and Miranda exchanged glances, their expressions serious.

Jennifer stepped forward, her eyebrows furrowed. "Judith, we have been hearing rumors that you and Gabriel have broken up, is it true?"

I scoffed, "Yes it's true. So what? Why do you guys even care? You are all probably only interested in knowing because it's the latest gossip."

Miranda gave a shocked expression, "Judith how could you say that?! Why would you assume that we don't care about you?! We like gossip, but not when it concerns one of our friends! This is the first time you are acting so defensive with us, and we've known each other for years! We're just worried about you!"

I was taken aback by her words.

"Wait...you guys actually care about me? You were all worried about me?" I said in disbelief.

Hillary was next to speak. "Of course we do! What is going on with you lately? Did the breakup messed you up? We thought you needed time to be alone for the past week since you have been avoiding us in the hallways and we don't even see you during lunch anymore. We got tired of waiting for you to stop moping, so we decided to confront you now."

"We have seen everything that happened that day," stated Jennifer. "You went pass our table to sit with Gabriel. It was understandable that you didn't sit with us since he is-ah I mean was your fiance. The whole scene that happened that day...it was quite a shock."

Actually...I didn't notice I passed their table when I walked by.

Miranda nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I'll say! None of us expected Gabriel to slap you in front of everyone in the whole cafeteria! How can he be such a total jerk?! He totally deserve what you did to him after! That was great payback!" She complimented.

"Also, was that girl sitting next to him your sister Verona Judith?"Jennifer inquires.

"Yes, that was my sister." I confirmed hesitantly.

"Well, I think you are prettier than her." Jennifer stated.

"Um...thanks Jennifer, I am flattered." I said in surprise.

"So...um...how do you feel now Judith?I can't believe Gabriel have the nerve to treat you that way! Who knew that he is actually a complete a*sshole! So are you still upset about what happened?" Hillary asked cautiously.

"No, I'm alright now. I am over that piece of sh*t!" I replied.

Hillary raised a brow. "Really? That is a surprise because you have been all over him since high school!"

"Yes, I am so done with him. He had revealed his true colors to me from that incident at the cafeteria. Whatever love I had for him just vanished that day."

She gave a sigh of relief. "I see, well that's good. We were so worried that you have become depressed. But what about the engagement? It was set up by your families."

I just shrugged. "Well, Gabriel said he will ask his father to have it annulled. I honestly don't care anymore."

These girls...they are actually not who I thought they were...

They seem so concerned about me.

Now I feel bad about calling them Plastics.

The novel have described the original Judith's friends as her followers. They listen to her every word and do whatever she says. They were not described much in the story as they are just cannon fodders. They only appear in the scenes to verbally insult Verona on Judith's behalf. The novel never went deep enough about their characters. To me, they just seem to be airheaded bimbos.

I immediately paint them as Judith's fake friends because I thought that they would abandon her when Judith is put on the spot by Gabriel.

But it seems I was wrong about them.

They are...actually not bad.

I should have realized sooner that the novel only scratches the surface, and reality is way different than expected.

"You guys..." I started to say, my expression guilt-ridden, "I am so sorry that I have been avoiding you! I just had a lot on my mind. I should've talk to you all sooner." I apologized wholeheartedly.

"It's fine Rose, we understand." Said Hillary. "If you need us, we are all here for you. We are your best friends after all!"

"Yeah it's okay Judith, we got your back!" Said Miranda encouragingly.

"Just please don't avoid us like that again. Talk to us okay. Promise Judith?" Said Jennifer.

"Always remember your friends Judith." Hillary reminded me.

I nodded, tearing up. "Yes, I promise! Thank you guys for your support of me!"

"Group hug!" Miranda suddenly shouted.

The three girls attacked me with their bone-crushing hugs.

"Oof!" I yelped, but hugged them back.

The three released their hold.

"Now that everything is fine now, what have you been up to Judith? Anything new?" Asked Hillary.

"Well...I stumbled upon this club..." I began to explain about the Computer Club I found myself in after the drama with Gabriel.

The girls listened intently as I shared the "newfound" interest that seems to brought a ray of positivity into their friend's life.

"It's like a breath of fresh air," I said with a genuine smile forming. "I have already gone there for every lunch period and maybe three times after school. They teach you about computers and you can also play video games there. The people there are friendly and fun. So far, I had only been playing video games with the members because they are still deciding on a project. The club is a great distraction to me from everything else."

Jennifer grinned, "That's awesome! A new hobby can be a great way to shift focus and find joy. Plus, you get to learn something new"

Miranda added, "I'm glad you found something to keep you occupied and happy."

"Maybe we should join you with coming to the club sometime." Commented Hillary.

I chuckled, "Well, now that you said that, I think it's a great idea!"

The boys will be in for a huge surprise if these girls suddenly show up to the club.