She Messed Up (Edited 12/25/23)

Judith is currently feeling uncomfortable being stared at. She sought out the only empty chair available to sit on...which is unfortunately besides Damien. So she went over to sit beside him.

Damien turn away from her with a displeased expression and seems to be set on ignoring her.

Judith internally rolled her eyes at this.

Whatever dude, I'll ignore you just the same. She thought in contempt.

She scans the dining table for what available dishes are offered. Her eyes instantly lighted up at the sight of a certain dish.

Is that spaghetti carbonara?! My absolute favorite!

Judith immediately scooped up the cheesy noodles onto her own plate, unaware of the eyes of the Wellesters on her.

"Ahem." Someone cleared their throat.

"Huh?" Judith stops piling the spaghetti and looks around for the source of the voice.

"Judith, what are you doing?" Elana, her "mother" asks with a look of bewilderment.

"Getting food," Judith replies with a confused expression at the question.

"Yes, I can see that dear...but you usually only eat salads." She stated.

Judith after hearing that, stiffens and unnoticeable to her, dropped the tongs for the spaghetti.

Shit! Did I messed up already?!

Verona was next to speak up with an equal look of befuddlement.

"Sister, you said that you will never eat carbs," she added, "So why are you getting pasta?"

The two men at the table had stopped eating and watches the discussion between the women.

Okay, how should I answer this. Judith thought, internally panicking.

"Well you see, I decided to change my diet." She replies smoothely.

"Your diet? Why?" Elana continues to asks.

"Because I can't keep surviving on just eating salads," Judith answers her.

At this answer, Damien raised an eyebrow.

This is an unexpected answer from you, Damien thought towards his sister.

Are you starting to become sensible?

What is going on with you Judith? It is unlike you to realize that just eating salads will not help your body, thought Arthur with suspicion. He just continues to sip his wine with an unreadable expression, watching his wife and daughter going back and forth with each other.

"But Judith my dear, you were always so concern about your figure," the so-called mom still continues to pester Judith from digging in to her food.

"Well, I just need to gain a bit of weight because I think my body is too thin."

"But Judith dear, your body looks fine. There is no need for more weight on you..." Urged the woman.

WTF! Why are you so concerned about my body image?! How come Verona gets to have pasta on her plate but not me! You are not even saying anything to her! Judith seethes in her mind, spotting that Verona has her own plate of spaghetti.

"Mother! I am still concerned about my figure. I am only having a change of diet so just please let me eat! The spaghetti will get cold!" Judith snaps at Elana, shutting the woman up.

The Wellesters are in a state of surprise when the saw Judith ravaged the spaghetti carbonara like a starving animal.

At this point, I don't care. No one is gonna take me away from enjoying my favorite food!