Phone Call With Her "Dad"

The weekends are now approaching. Judith had planned to spend those days entertaining herself or going out with her girl friends. Or maybe even invite the club members to hang out with her.

Unfortunately, she got a phone from her "father" on a friday night that prevents her plans from happening. She was just preparing herself for bed in her single dorm when she received the call.

The conversation went like this:

"Hello Daddy!" She greeted the old man from the other line in her fake Paris Hilton baby voice.

"What was that I hear about Gabriel wanting to annul the engagement Judith?!" Demanded Arthur.

What? No hello my daughter? No how are you doing Judith? No hello Judith how was college?

F*cking Father of the Year here.

"Oh that. Yeah, Gabriel is gonna cancel it because we broke up. I don't know if he had already, but frankly I don't care. Maybe he already did since you are calling me daddy." She said casually.

On the other line, Arthur is shocked that his oldest daughter sounds so unaffected by this.

"YOU DON'T CARE?! JUDITH, THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!" Arthur bellowed in rage through the phone.

Damn old man. If you screamed any louder, my eardrums will burst. Even my neighbors can probably hear you through these thin walls!

"Our family needs to remain connected to the Vandersons at all cost! Tomorrow, I want you to come to the mansion to speak with the Vandersons regarding this! They are coming over to discuss with you about the state of the engagement! You better make up with your fiance or else you will be cut from the family! I cannot have the agreement with the Vandersons be broken due to your incompetence!" Her "father" threatened.

What a motherf*cking b*astard.

Also, did this dude just threatened to cut her out of the family? Didn't he threatened to disown her if she doesn't improve her grades by the end of the year? F*cking make up your mind you senile old man.

Maybe he should just go through with that threat right now.

Judith can take care of herself without the Wellesters support. However, she has a feeling that if she goes the easy way out, she will be left unsatifactory.

Something tells her she needs to push through the next two years.

The appearance of the computer club members came through her mind.

It seems that she is starting to care for those guys. Even the 5th male lead Zayden, who hadn't really spoken to her much so far.

Initially he was against her, but Judith felt he is starting to warm up to her.

Judith shook those thoughts away to focus back on the conversation through the phone.

"Well Daddy," she cringed from forcing herself to call the sperm donor that, "do you know the reason why Gabriel and I broke up?"

"His parents told me their son said that you're behavior towards him was utterly disgraceful! You embarassed him in front of so many people at school! The Vandersons are quite angry with us! Our family's reputation with them is on the line because of you!"

What. The. F*ck.

Judith blinked, trying to control her anger, "So I guess Gabriel didn't mention that he slapped me in the face first, and that I naturally defended myself?"

It was silent at the other end for a moment.

I guess he didn't know.

Then finally, "What did you just say Judith?" Arthur said with astonishment.

"I said that Gabriel was the one that slapped me first, and I defended myself," She reiterated.

Arthur became stunned at the revelation.

"He...hit you first?" He said disbelievingly.

"Yes, he did."

Her "father" didn't say anything for a moment. Judith decided to take advantage of his silence.

"You know dad, if you wanted so badly to have one of your kids marry into the Vanderson family in order to obtain more power and wealth, maybe you should consider having Verona take my place."

From the other side, Arthur, who is sitting on his office chair, blinked from what he is hearing.

Have I heard right that Gabriel slapped Judith first?

If it's true, then that boy...how dare he!

Also, it sounds like his daughter is willing to let go of her engagement with Gabriel. Hadn't she been in love with the heir for so long?

Arthur cleared his throat, "Daughter, are you even hearing yourself speak? It sounds like you lost feelings for him for you to suggest that Verona should be engaged with him instead."

Back with Judith, she unhesitantly answered, "Yes dad, I have completely lost any feelings I had for him. I am letting him go. I have realized how much we are incompatible with each other. That is why I suggest Verona to be his fiancee instead."

If her so-called father realized that she had been calling him dad twice, he didn't say anything.

"Or if not Verona, than maybe Damien can take my place." She said when Arthur didn't reply right away.

From the other line, Arthur shook his head in disbelief from hearing his daughter's ridiculous words, "Wait, what?!"

Is his daughter assuming that her own brother is gay?!

"I'm just kidding daddy! I know that Damien is straight. "

Arthur sighed in a mix of relief and frustration, "Judith, this situation is serious. You can't simply joke about such matters. It is tradition for the oldest Wellester daughter to be engaged to the most powerful heir. The Vandersons won't accept your previous behavior lightly. You need to salvage the engagement for the sake of the family's reputation and connections."

Judith rolled her eyes, "Daddy, I'm not sacrificing my happiness for some strategic alliance. I won't force a relationship that clearly isn't working. If Gabriel and I are incompatible, then it's better for everyone involved to move on."

Her father's tone hardened, "Judith, you need to understand the consequences. I won't tolerate you jeopardizing the family's standing. Tomorrow, you'll meet with the Vandersons and make things right. This is not up for negotiation."

As Judith hung up the call, she felt a mix of frustration and determination. Her "father" doesn't seem concerned that Gabriel hit her first. The weekend might not turned out as planned, but Judith was ready to stand her ground.

She will face those people tomorrow head on.