Job Searching

The transmigrator spent time on her laptop scrolling through listings for part-time positions in the city. The original Judith had never worked in her whole 20 years of life, which makes her options very limited.

In her original life, she did have a flipping burgers while being a college student. It was definitely NOT fun. There was so much disrespect towards her that she still had PTSD from her experiences.

So never again will she go back to fast food. Places like Big Donald's, King Burgers, Pizza House, and Ken's Fried Chicken are out of the list.

She wants a job where she doesn't have to deal with ungrateful customers all day, pay that is good enough for her to survive through college, and offers a positive work environment.

But in reality, she knows that finding a job that meets all her desires may be too much to ask.
—————————————————————————
The Next Morning:

As Judith made her way through the bustling halls of Rockeford University, her eyes caught sight of a brightly colored flyer taped to a bulletin board. Intrigued, she paused in her tracks to read it.

"Rockeford University Job Fair: Explore Opportunities on Campus!"

Her heart skipped a beat. She rather work within the school since it is more convenient. This could be the perfect solution to her job search dilemma.

With hopeful anticipation, she scanned the flyer, taking note of the various positions available - from research assistants to campus event coordinators.

There are a few jobs that caught her eye. Like bookstore clerk or library assistant, barista at a coffee shop, and computer store associate or IT support technician for the campus technology services. Those kind of jobs seem to appeal to her the most. The flyer says she can apply on the university website.

"These jobs are good options! I will definitely apply to them as soon as I can!"

Judith can apply for those jobs once she gets back to her dorm. Until then, she busied herself taking notes and studying. People are still not used to her sitting far away from Gabriel in the classes she shared with him.

Every time she entered a lecture, she is still receiving looks that her classmates don't bother to hide and hear their whispers . It makes her irritated because she wants it to stop. Can't these people just focus on the lecture instead of gossiping about her personal life?

"F*ck these extras," she muttered to herself and went to her usual spot in the lecture hall.

Judith hopes that the interest in her life dies out.

She wants to avoid the eyes of these people as much as she can outside of classes. It is a major reason why she eats her lunches in the computer club room. Even when the room is empty, she can go in there whenever she wants to. Liam gave her access.

Besides her change of seating, she also surprises her classmates by answering questions right. Usually, the original Judith was known to get most answers wrong.

But ever since she started her junior year, she had been answering questions right.

"Miss Wellester, what are the key components of a business plan?" Asked one of her business professors.

"The key components of a business plan include an executive summary, company description, market analysis, organization and management structure, product or service line, marketing and sales strategy, funding request, financial projections, and appendix."

"Miss Wellester, how do you calculate the future value of an investment?"

"The future value of an investment can be calculated by using the formula FV=PV * (1+r)^n."

"Miss Wellester, what is the difference between microeconomics and macroeconomics?" Asked an economics professor.

"Microeconomics focuses on the behavior of individual agents such as firms and how they make decisions regarding the allocation of scarce resources, while macroeconomics focuses on the economy as a whole."

The way she confidently and accurately answered the questions thrown at her even surprises Gabriel, not that she noticed.

The male lead gave a disbelieving look every time she answered the professors correctly.

What in the world is going on with my ex-fiancée?! You weren't like this before Judith! You have never gave smart answers! He had thought.

Since when did she changed? After the "incident"? Can a slap really change a person?

Gabriel saw that Judith is becoming someone he barely recognized.
—————————————————————————
Judith is not scheduled for the computer club to day, so after classes, she headed back to her dorm.

She dropped her backpack by her stand and started her laptop. Then, she began applying for the jobs that caught her interest.

The afternoon sun cast a warm glow as Judith continue clicking her mouse to fill the applications. Once she finished the last application, she leaned back on her chair with a satisfied smile.

Judith closed her laptop and began to envision the possibilities that lay ahead.

"I hope I will get a job soon. I want to finally support myself in this new world."

You Choose. What job do you want Judith to get?

A. Library Assistant
B. Bookstore clerk
C. Barista
D. Computer Store Associate
E. IT support technician
F. Other suggestions (either in school or city)
G. Don't care whichever

Next chapter will get back to the Project.