Private Talk

Throughout the rest of the lunch period, Judith and Xavier had remained concentrated on their game; receiving winnings and losses from each round of their battles. In the end, Xavier won.

"That was good game. You almost beat me back there. You were playing like a pro." Xavier complimented her.

"Thank you. I was a bit rusty. It had been a while since I played seriously." Said Judith.

"That was awesome! Despite that Xavier beat you, you almost gave him a run for his money!" Charles also praised her. It seems the stutter from before is gone once he became comfortable with her presence.

"Thanks, I feel flattered by what you said." Judith blushed in embarrassment.

Seeing the redness of her face, Charles' heart started to beat erratically.

She's blushing! Does that mean she likes me?! The freckled boy thought, feeling over the moon.

"So Judith, I am quite impressed with your skills. You made the atmosphere more livelier with your presence, and you seemed to enjoy yourself here. I think it is a great idea to have you join our club. Do you want to come back and hang out with us again?" Asked Liam kindly.

"Of course, I would love too! But I want make sure that everyone is on board with me being here. I don't want you guys to fight over this," said Judith.

She knows that only Zayden, the 5th male lead seems to oppose her being here, and doesn't want to create conflict between close friends.

The silent Zayden was taken aback by what Judith said. She is not acting like the girl he was used to seeing down the hallways; the one that speaks irritatingly loud to demand Gabriel's attention or threaten girls to stay away from her fiance. There is absolutely no sign of obnoxiousness from her right now. This girl seems to be...not bad.

She also impressed him with her gaming skills.

Liam turn to his friends.

"All in favor of Judith joining our club, raise your hand and say aye." He said.

"Aye." Said Xavier, raising his hand.

"Aye!" Charles said too eagerly, doing the same action.

"Fine." Said Zayden calmly, to the surprise of the others.

Wait! The 5th male lead is finally agreeing to let me join?! Thought Judith.

Liam gasped. "Zayden! You finally accepted Judith?!"

"Yes." Zayden replies, then turn his attention to Judith.

"I will accept you, but you better not make trouble for us." He warned her with narrowed eyes.

Judith nodded in agreement, not feeling afraid of his expression.

" I won't cause any trouble. Promise." She said.

"Okay!" Liam clapped his hands once to signify that the conversation is over. "Now that we all agreed, welcome to the Computer Club Judith!"

"Thank you guys for accepting me!" Judith said gratefully.

After all is said, the lunch period is almost over.

"I got to start getting to class!" Judith starts to pick up her stuff. "But quickly, let's exchange numbers and you can notify me of the club schedule."

"I got you." Said Liam before Charles can protest.

Aw man! I wanted to get her phone number! Charles complained in his head.

Judith and Liam exchanged numbers.

"Alright, I'll see you guys around!" Judith then left the computer room.
fter the lunch period, Zayden approached Liam, his expression serious.

"Remember that we are here during lunch period!" Liam reminded her before she shut the door.

Judith gave a thumbs up before the door close.

Shortly after, the guys have to go to their classes too.

Xavier and Charles already departed to their classes, leaving Zayden and Liam standing alone in the hallway in front of their club room.

"Hey, Liam, can we talk for a moment? I know you don't have to rush to class right now." Zayden asked, glancing around to ensure privacy.

Liam nodded, leading the way to a quieter corner of the hallway. "What's on your mind, Zayden?"

Zayden began to speak, "I know that I agree to have her join our club, but I still don't fully trust her. I really hope she doesn't cause trouble for our club. You know her reputation right?"

Liam listened attentively, "I understand your concerns, Zayden. But she seems genuinely interested in computers and gaming, and she brought a different energy to the group today."

Zayden frowned, "That's the thing, Liam. There are people that can put on a show. I've seen her around school, and she acted differently than how she appeared before us. I don't want our club to become a target for drama or worse."

Liam leaned against the wall, crossing his arms, "Zayden, everyone deserves a chance. Let's not jump to conclusions. Maybe she's trying to change or find a place to belong. Plus, she did bring some fun into the club today."

"There is something else isn't there?" Zayden suddenly said suspiciously. "I feel like you were too eager to have her in our club. Like you were jumping in on something."

"Okay, you got me. When we realized who she is, I got an idea that having her presence will boost the club's popularity." Liam admitted sheepishly.

"Seriously, Liam? Are you planning to have her market our club or something?" Zayden deadpanned.

"...That's not a bad idea actually..."

Zayden pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration, " Well anyway, I just think we should be cautious. Despite me seeing her in the hallways, we just officially met her today. We don't know her true intentions."

Liam sighed, "Fair point, but let's continue to invite her to our club. If things go south, we can address it together."

Zayden nodded reluctantly, "Okay, but we should keep an eye on her, Liam."

Liam grinned, "Deal. Maybe she'll prove you wrong later."

They both separated and headed to their next class. Zayden couldn't shake off his reservations, but he was willing to give Judith a chance. He will still be cautious of her.

The dynamic in the club had certainly shifted, and only time would reveal the true impact of Judith's presence on their tight-knit group.