28.

"You've got to be shitting me. This food was this much? Oh no. You're about to take it back and get a refund."

"Nonsense. We have to eat it." Jimin said, taking the receipt away from him. He had told the waiter to not print him one so it was his own fault for not double checking.

"We have to split it." Yoongi said quickly, going to his drawer. He was lucky to have money saved up from his side job.

Editing youtube videos was well paid if done right. He couldn't bear to let Jimin spend so much on one meal.

"No it's not—"

"It's only fair." Yoongi insisted.

Jimin gave in and took the money because he knew Yoongi wouldn't let it go. They started taking out the food and setting it on the table.

The sun was down and the starry night sky was beautiful even through his hospital room window. Though they hadn't dressed up, Yoongi couldn't help but feel like this was an intimate gathering.

Now that Jimin knew that he was into men he felt a little relieved. The only thing weighing him down was not being able to tell him about his feelings towards him.

It was getting harder to contain his emotions for him. He wanted to grab him, kiss him, hug him and touch him in every possible way.

He often fantasized about Jimin corresponding to his feelings although he knew that was not possible. There was no way in hell Jimin would ever look at him in a romantic way.

All Yoongi was to him was a friend.

"Okay. Should we dive in? I'm starving." Jimin said, picking up his chopsticks.

Yoongi nodded his head and they began eating. The food was great. It was actually really fucking good. He didn't get to eat fancy food like this often. 

Jimin seemed to be content with the choice. Yoongi was eating a bit slower and smaller quantities since he got fuller faster. He wanted to try everything including dessert so he needed to portion his foods correctly.

"This is amazing." Yoongi murmured through a mouthful.

Jimin chuckled as he picked up his napkin to wipe the bit of sauce that was on his cheek. Yoongi froze holding his breath immediately feeling his face heat up.

"Sorry you had a bit of sauce on your face."

"Oh. Thanks for getting it clean." He whispered a little bashfully.

Jimin continued to eat his meal without paying much mind to the fact that Yoongi was a bashful mess. He couldn't even continue looking, he stopped to look at the man in front of him.

Sometimes it felt surreal to know that a guy as gorgeous as Jimin talked to him. He was lucky enough to see Jimin almost everyday. To talk to him, to text him, to even sometimes call him. It felt like a gift wrapped from the universe.

Was this fate's way of balancing out his life? It seemed fair to have some sort of happiness after everything he's been through with his health, right?

However, having Jimin in front of him was cruel. He was a beautiful present that was dangling close but not within reach.

It was cruel to have him smile at him that way. To have his presence so close yet so far away. His heart thumped stupidly every single time his eyes laid on him. Jimin's voice gave him butterflies all over his body and he didn't provoke a single thing within Jimin himself.

"Should we move to dessert?" Jimin asked sweetly.

His look drowned Yoongi in warmness. It was so comforting to be looked at like that. It wasn't out of pity and it wasn't forced. It felt genuine.