Scrying

12th June

It has been two weeks since we buried my mother. Her words still haunt me.

I swear she was possessed. She was spouting nonsense about Lexi's fate.

She claimed Lexi would die young after meeting her fated and would die at the hands of vampires... VAMPIRES! The treaty is still strong; we lived in the most harmonious times.

I should investigate further. She did leave another prophecy, too.

Lexi's powers would be locked away during her rites.

Her hallucinations were a little too intense; Mum believed them wholeheartedly.

- A Laughing Nick

__________
"Leo... I can walk; put me down."

"Not a chance, the nurse said you should take it easy."

"I can handle the walk from the car to my house!"

He shook his head and feigned concern, "Not a chance."

I laughed at his silliness.

It had been eight days since the incident at the Abbey, and I was finally allowed home.

I had visits from the coven. They kept me entertained from boredom and brought my favourite sweets and snacks. I was still poked and prodded for blood tests. I was given the all-clear from the doctor.

From day one, Leo was doting... but treated me like I was fragile, about to break any second.

He paused, putting me down on my feet to open the door. I quickly bolted inside into the kitchen.

"Oi!" he shouted after me.

I giggled and hopped onto the kitchen counter and filled the kettle.

I heard the front door shut, and a loud thud hit the floor. As the kettle popped, he appeared in the doorway. I swung my feet, getting two cups ready.

"Tea?"

He stalked closer, eyes never leaving mine; I knew that glint; it was the same one he gave when holding himself back. My smile shifted to coy.

'Let's play a game.'

He trapped me on the counter, a hand on my waist, the other on my neck. My hands found his shoulders as he leaned in.

I sighed as he kissed me sweetly and quickly.

"For god's sake, Leo!"

He chuckled, "Doctors orders. No strenuous activity."

I groaned disappointed, and leaned forward, kissing his cheek as he poured the hot water. I could feel his heat radiating, and his smell always made me weak at the knees. It was musky-like sandalwood mixed with sweet apples.

I watched his jaw twitch as I pulled him closer, and my hands snaked to his hair, kissing the muscle under his jaw.

"Lex," he warned, his voice was strained.

"I missed you," I breathed in his ear, and he groaned.

Picking me up from the counter, he marched up the stairs. Giggling, I continued on his jaw.

'Game over.'

__________
Later that evening, I leaned against Leo on the sofa, glancing through a book on past lives.

"Ah, of course! Scrying. The perfect way to start."

"Hm," Leo agreed, "but depending on what we use, we won't have control over what we see,"