Progress

Keiron and Isobelle

Isobelle sighed once more; her son was still ignoring her calls. She just wanted to make sure Alex was safe.

Keiron watched his sister pacing, "You are making me dizzy. Sit, help me finish this."

Begrudgingly, Isobelle sat beside Keiron and held onto the bowl he struggled to manipulate. Keiron dragged the paper into the strange red water and slowly spun it into a vortex.

The black ink seeped out, colouring the water into a green, and as the liquid calmed to a stop, the paper rose to the surface, showing the hidden symbol that Lexi had sent to him.

Keiron flipped open the 'Death and Beyond' book. He flicked through, trying to match the symbol on the now drying paper.

Isobelle was distracted by her mind. She and Nick agreed to tell them both together when the time came. She knew both her children would have questions which would be difficult to answer, especially alone.

Another story was how she could get Alex to calm down and come home.

"Here," Keiron pushed the book to his sister and pointed to the page.

It took her out of her mind and back to reality.

Confused, she gazed at the book and read aloud, "Hecate's symbol?"

Keiron nodded, "It's a perfect match... It also means I've been looking in the wrong pantheon."

Isobelle hummed and read further, but the small passage gave no further information other than more details about the Greek goddess of witchcraft.

The mother's eyebrows furrowed; why would someone be trying to cover this? It must have been something of significance for it to be blacked out.

"Do you think Bristlecast has anything to do with this?" she whispered.

Keiron shook his head, "I don't know, but if Leo's mother and Bristlecast are the same person, then Leo isn't in a safe place."

Isobelle took a deep breath. She had to tell Cynthia and Noel.

Jack and Victoria

Victoria grumbled on the phone, "He still hasn't contacted you?"

They were going to Pendle, but their trail had gone cold. Victoria's family had not seen or heard from Cornelius, and the tapped radio was silent.

Jack had a bad feeling. Something was coming.

He had to return to the pack; surely, they were feeling this, too.

Lexi

I was being squished on all sides, and heat radiated. It was too warm.

Groaning, I opened my eyes to see Seri's face a few inches from mine. She was sleeping soundly. Behind me, I could hear the grumbling of Quinn trying to stay asleep as I moved onto my back.

I stared at the ceiling, Remembering everything from the night before.

I needed to check on my brother.

'Would he even pick up my calls? Would he even speak to me? Does he hate me?'

"Mornin'," Lathen said softly, his face popping into my view.