Dance

It was nearly midnight by the time we arrived back at my house. With a quick cast of my senses, Alex and Mum were asleep. My red eyes turned to Leo.

"Will you stay?" I sniffed, catching my thumb between my teeth.

"Of course," he said.

He pulled the hand away from my face and held onto it as he ushered me into the house. My mind continued with its onslaught of thoughts. It felt like whiplash as the thoughts flitted from one topic to the next. I had been sucked into my head.

The Fae knew about our past? What else did they know? There was no way I'd be able to get answers without selling something valuable.

I let myself be led to my bed, and Leo poked my forehead, snapping me back to him.

"Out of your head."

He was referring to my anxiety; my breathing was unsteady, my heart fluttering and pins and needles in my back and legs. I felt a sense of doom and panic.

"Five things," he reminded.

I took a shaky breath and sat on the bed.

___

"Soona," he whispered, holding my hands.

Finally, my mind was calm, and my eyes and head ached. I was emotionally drained. The panic attack subsided.

"I'm sorry," I muttered.

"What for?"

I was silent, unable to think, and resorted to shrugging my shoulders. He chuckled lightly and kissed my head.

"Bed," he gestured, yawning.

I gladly laid, snuggled in and quickly fell asleep while Leo scrolled on his phone.

___________

I blinked at the harsh sunlight piercing through the trees.

"Here we go again," I muttered, sitting upright.

The tall trees swayed as the wind whistled through them. I looked around; this time, bluebells surrounded me rather than green vegetation.

Caw!

My blood ran cold looking up; I saw a large black bird sitting... staring. Its call was high-pitched, almost nasal.

I dared not move as it hopped from branch to branch closer to me.

___

"Lexi?"

Leo's voice echoed through the empty woods. The bird took flight, moving in the opposite direction of his voice. I decided not to follow it.

"Leo," I said, knowing he could hear me easily, no matter how far away. In the Astral, we could hear each other perfectly well.

_____

Walking toward the red string, we met at the old dirt road and encountered the scene we knew all too well.

"ANNA!"

Leo's sadness erupted through me. I approached him and gently took his hand.

Caw, Caw!

We both looked up to see three large black birds. Crows.

Their insistent cawing drowned out the sobs from Edward as he held Anna.

The sound began to change, and I could hear more voices... no... It was music.

"Do you hear that?"

Leo stayed silent and looked at me with confusion.

"The music..." I trailed, looking into the tree line behind the three crows. Why was it familiar?