Investigated

Morning broke into the window. We had been here for three days, trying to find a way to break through the crows, hiding the one responsible to no avail.

We found nothing else out about Anna and Edward. The frustration was building.

"Right. Shall we try to move on to the next one? I can tell we are getting a little fed up," Morgan chirped.

Leo and I slowly opened up and began to trust Morgan. Everything we thought about her was either a twisted truth or a misjudgement of character.

We sat back down in front of the fire and the black mirror.

"Although frustrating, it is nice to learn more about their relationship... How it started and that," I mentioned settling down in front of Leo.

"Hm, very true. We know how William and Rose met, though."

"Did you figure out why Mary-Ann looked familiar?" Morgan asked Leo.

Leo shook his head.

___________

Remember, follow the necklace.

Morgan's voice rang clear as we were in the casino again. We were surrounded by women in flapper dresses and men in penguin suits.

Rose walked in with her friend. The necklace sat pretty on her neck.

"Where was it before this?" I muttered.

The scene slowed to a pause before shifting. The vertigo was terrible this time. I held onto Leo's arm as he steadied me.

We were in an apartment, and Rose and her friend getting ready.

"Happy birthday!" The woman brought out a gift box with a card on it.

"Oh, Marie! You didn't have to!" Rose gushed, a Brooklyn accent showing through.

"Oh, I did! Not every day you turn twenty-five!" Marie beamed, giving her the box.

"It's beautiful..."

A slightly modified necklace sat on the box. Instead of pearls, there were crystals. The shadowed woman against ivory was still there.

"That's how she got it," Leo muttered.

After securing the necklace around her neck, they left, walking down the street to the casino and walking in together to the bar at the side.

Where did Marie get it from?

We were unexpectedly pulled out when the doors shut. The girls rewound back to the apartment, and crows clouded the vision. Once again, I sat beside the fire, holding Leo's hands.

"The necklace changed..." I muttered, "The necklace changes." I looked at Leo.

"I mean, it would keep up with the times, right?"

"Yes, but... What if it wasn't always a necklace?"

"I can tell you the other lifetime I found; it was a necklace," Morgan added.

"Hm."

___________

"Lexi!?"

We all jumped and looked back down at the scrying mirror.

"Lexi, are you there?"

"Quinn?!" I looked back into the mirror.

Clear as day, Quinn's face appeared in the mirror, her face worried.

"Thank gods! I have been trying to call you! Are you okay?"

My eyebrows scrunched, and looking at my phone, the dreaded 'no signal' appeared on the screen.