Woe

Lexi

I waved a crimson hand over the blue, energy sinking into the crystal. I felt it hum, and a grey mist swirled, covering the blue. I took his forearms and took a deep breath.

"Where do we start?" I asked Leo.

"Did you see the necklace while you were dreaming?"

"I haven't seen the necklace in this lifetime."

His eyebrow raised, "From the beginning then?"

"My beginning?"

"Sure, show me." His thumb made small soothing circles on my arm.

I leaned in, gazing into the blue. Very quickly, a clean image of Anabel appeared, picking up her skirt at her husband's weak voice...

____________________

Blackspit

She eagerly sat on the edge of her seat; this is it.

Time to move her next chess piece. The Morrigan knew how to play to her strengths.

And no protective circle, runes, sigils or wards.

Idiots.

An easy charm to make them see, only what she wanted them to see...

_________________

Third Person

The radio crackled to life, and an alarmed voice spoke through. It was 6 p.m., and the detective had awoken from his nap. He picked up the receiver, hearing his name repeated over and over.

"Yes, yes. I am here. What is it?" he said into the receiver.

"Langton spotted."

Magnus jumped up from his bed in shock, "Where?!"

"Inverness."

"Send me details now," he hurriedly said before whisking around the tiny hotel room, gathering his things. He has to follow the lead, or it would be his head.

Magnus paused, looking around the room before leaving... Should he tell the mother?

____

Jack leaned back in his seat, defeated.

"Shit," he muttered. He immediately started to call Keiron. A text would not go down well with the uncle.

___

A chiming sound echoed through the family home; calmly getting up, Isobel paused the episode.

Luke spied Keiron's silent phone glowing and, passing it to him, spoke softly, "The Wolf is calling you."

Keiron glanced at his partner before picking up the phone from his hand.

"Hello?"

"I am so sorry-"

"WHAT?! "Isobel's hysterical cry echoed around the house, startling Alex from his seat. He looked at his uncle.

"She's been spotted." Jack's gruff voice spoke over the receiver.

Isobel hung up the phone sobbing. She dropped to the floor. Luke immediately went to her.

"Where?"

"Inverness. I will text you with more." Jack hung up the phone; he heard the mother cry, but before he said anything, perhaps the detective had told her.

___

"Where was he last spotted?" Victoria asked, turning the corner. She snapped her fingers at the two men sitting around.