golden {justin herbert}

I don't wanna be alone

When it ends

Don't wanna let you know

I don't wanna be alone

But I, I can feel it take a hold (I can feel it take a hold)

I can feel you take control (I can feel you take control)

Of who I am and all I've ever known

Loving you's the antidote

golden - harry styles

You lay in bed on your side with your back pressed against Justin's chest. Justin's arm was tightly wrapped around your waist with his legs intertwined with yours. You tried to match your breathing to Justin's soft breaths to calm the wave of nausea you felt in your stomach. No matter how much you tried to calm your nauseous stomach, you just felt it coming up rather than coming down.

You gently pushed Justin's arm off from around you and pushed the covers off of you. You heard Justin softly whine in protest, but you ignored his complaints. You quickly made your way to the bathroom, hoping to make it to the toilet to release your stomach's contents. You kneeled on the ground in front of the toilet and threw up as soon as your knees touched the ground. You started to feel very warm, but there was a cool breeze when the door was gently pushed open.

"Maia?" You heard a deep, husky voice standing behind you. Justin made his way closer to you and started to rub your back to comfort you. "It's okay, honey. You should let it all out."

You stayed in the bathroom for another five minutes, making sure you fully emptied your stomach. You flushed the toilet and turned to Justin, who gave you a small, pitiful smile. He grabbed you from the ground and brought you to your feet. He led you to the sink and prepped your toothbrush for you to brush your teeth. He stayed behind you with his arms wrapped around your stomach and his face in your neck. Once you finished brushing his teeth, he led you back to your shared bedroom and helped you get into bed. He tucked you in and then stumbled to the kitchen to bring you water. Once he finished with all that, he laid in the bed right next to you and pulled you into his arms.

"How are you feeling, baby?" He muttered. 

"Ugh," you grumbled and turned your face into his chest. "I don't know. I just woke up feeling nauseous. I was hoping it would go away, but instead, I had to throw up. I'm sorry for waking you up."

"Hey, hey," he grabbed your face and turned it to him to look you in the eyes. "Don't be sorry. You should have woken me up as soon as you felt bad. I would have tried to take care of you."

You hummed in response, having nothing to add to the conversation, feeling even more sleepy after your semi-exhausting morning.

"Are you going to be okay at home by yourself while I'm at practice?" You nodded softly, feeling yourself fall asleep in his arms. He kissed your forehead gently and allowed you to fall asleep on him.

***
The pain lasted for a few more days. Feelings of nausea lasted throughout the day, not just the morning and you tried to avoid throwing up whenever Justin was around but you couldn't control when it happened. You knew that Justin was concerned about you, but you didn't want to take him away from football in the middle of the season. You felt more tired most days and found yourself, sleeping your days away.

You went to the store while Justin was at practice, looking for any sort of medicine that would help with your sickness. You walked through the medication aisles, looking for anything that could help with nausea and some vitamins that would boost your energy during the day. You placed a few anti-nausea pills in your basket when you stopped in front of the pregnancy tests section.