sweetest devotion {james connor}

I've been looking for you, baby

In every face that I've ever known

And there is something 'bout the way you love me

That finally feels like home

You're my light, you're my darkness

You're the right kind of madness

And you're my hope, you're my despair

You're my scope, everything, everywhere

Sweetest Devotion - Adele

I was sitting in the stands of Levi's Stadium, waiting for the 49ers vs Cardinals game to begin. I smiled nervously down at the field when James ran out with his teammates. They've had an amazing season so far winning eight of their last nine games. James looked up to find me and smiled widely as he finally spotted me. He waved at me and blew me an air kiss.

I quickly caught his air kiss and waved back before he continued his warmups. I let out a sigh in relief that he wasn't close enough to sense my anxiety since he could always point it out.

Tonight was the night I was going to tell James that I was pregnant with our first child. I knew that he was going to be excited because a baby is something that we have always talked about, but I was still nervous about his initial reaction. We had met in 2019 in Pittsburgh and we quickly fell in love since then.

I made eye contact with Christian Kirk, who I had initially told about my pregnancy out of nerves, but he and I made a plan to tell James and we would go through with it tonight. He gave me a reassuring smile and I have to admit, it did help calm my nerves.

James had a stellar performance in the first half already with two touchdowns, leading the 49ers 17-7. My stomach turned as I made my way down to the field during halftime with the help of a security guard. I was nervous standing in front of the whole stadium with everyone watching, but I smiled when I realized that I could finally tell the love of my life that we were having our own baby and no longer had to hide our biggest blessing from him.

"Alanna? What are you doing down here baby?" James asked with confusion lacing his tone.

"I had to tell you something," I blurted out and he nodded slowly, still trying to process everything.

"Right now? It can't wait until we get home?" I shook my head no when I saw his teammates behind him and knew that right now was the moment.

"I love you so much James and these past two years have been the best years of my life. You are my soulmate and I can see us being together forever and expanding our family until we're married with hundreds of babies," he chuckled and nodded in agreement. "Turn around," I whispered.

"What?"

"Turn around, baby."

He slowly turned around and saw all of his teammates and coaches with our huge sign that said, "YOU'RE GOING TO BE A DADDY. CONGRATULATIONS!"

He stared at the sign-in shock before turning to me, and I showed him the pregnancy test in my hands. His eyes watered and he pulled me into him.

Tears ran down both of our cheeks as the whole stadium was cheering for us. He picked me up and swung me around before putting me down and getting down off his knees. He put his head against my belly and kissed it a few times.

"I love you so much already. You're the best thing that has ever happened to mommy and daddy. I am going to love you more than you'll ever know," tears ran down my cheeks as I heard him talk to our unborn child. He got up from his knees and kissed me before pulling away smiling.

"Alanna," he sighed in disbelief. "Thank you. I love you so much. Forever," he kissed me again before pulling away and pulling me into a hug.

His teammates crowded us and congratulated us with hugs. I smiled and took in the moment one last time before I had to go back to the stands. I hold both of James' hands and kissed his knuckles.

"You, me, and our baby are forever."

"Forever," he agreed.

thank you for reading!! hope you enjoyed. stay tuned :))) hope ur all okay and happy and thriving. enjoy these updates and please read the request page before trying to request. as of right now, requests are CLOSED and getting deleted because it does state that on the request page. i do appreciate all the support, but i am very much backed up and cannot take any more requests as of right now. thank you for understanding. more imagines coming soon! </3