one in a million {tj watt}

All this time I was looking for love

Trying to make things work

That wasn't good enough

'Til I thought I'm through, said I'm done

And stumbled into the arms of the one

One In a Million- Hannah Montana

I groaned in frustration as I sat in the middle of Heinz Field. Why do men suck? Why can't I ever keep a boyfriend? Why do all of my relationships turn bad? I feel tears start to burn my eyes and I try to blink them away, but some still come out and I wipe them away as soon as they fall.

My boyfriend, Sidney Crosby, and I just broke up after 3 years together. It was a tough relationship and we both agreed that we weren't right for each other, but it still hurt after such a long time together.

I quickly stand up and grab the football that was laying next to me to distract myself from my self-pity. I place the ball in my kicking tee that I brought as well to practice my kicking skills. I stretch my legs a bit before I go to kick the ball. When I go to kick my leg back, the lights on the field turned off and I screamed out of fear. I heard rustling in the stands and I let out another scream before the lights turned back on and I looked all around. There is nobody here. What the hell just happened?

"Hello?" I yelled out, hoping for a response. "Is anyone there?"

I didn't receive a response and quickly ran to grab my bag to get out of the stadium. I stopped though when I saw a jersey sitting in the stands. I looked around one last time to ensure that no one else was here with me. I look closer and see the jersey says 21. Stegall.

I felt butterflies in my stomach and felt my heart racing. Who did this for me? I decided that I will go check it out after I finally kick the ball. I take a few steps back and a couple to the right. Then I am interrupted. Again.

Every rose has its thorn
Just like every night has its dawn
Just like every cowboy sings a sad sad song
Every rose has its thorn

I blush as I look up and still don't see anybody. I walk up to the stands, cautiously, and grab the jersey in my hands, and looked closely at it. It was so beautiful and amazing. I truly couldn't believe that someone would get this for me.

I walked further around the stadium and still couldn't see anyone. I was starting to think this whole thing was in my head and I was dreaming. I finally see a light on in the press room and decide to slowly open the door. I saw a figure sitting in a chair, swirling back and forth while on their phone.

"TJ?" I ask with a small smile on my face. Of course, it's TJ.

"Hey, buddy," he said while smiling up at me.

"Did you do all of this?" I asked, walking close to him and smiling when he walked closer as well.

"Do you see anyone else?" He asked with sass in his voice. I laughed and punched his arm as he stood right in front of me. "Yeah, it was me. My instincts were telling me you're not having a good day," he said, putting his hands in his pants pockets.

"You always know everything about me," I said with a shy smile and blush on my cheeks. He looks down at me with a smile and moves my hair from in front of my face.

"I heard about you and Sidney," he sympathized with me. My smile went away, but I maintained eye contact.

"Yeah," I sighed and moved closer to him to give him a hug. He wrapped me up in his arms and kissed the top of my forehead.

"It's okay. You deserve better."

I rolled my eyes and pushed him back. "You always say that," I laugh as he pulls me closer to him again.

"It's because I mean that. You deserve some who truly cares about you. Someone that would love you, as I do." I quickly look up to see if he's lying, but he just stares back into my eyes. "I love you, Vanessa. So much."

"Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"You were too caught up with Crosby so I didn't want to ruin that for you."

"It would've saved me a lot of heartbreak."

"How about you let me take you on a date?" He asked and I can't help but smile up at him. I nodded my head and hugged him closer to me.

"Of course I would."

"Good. Let's go and kick these footballs."

thank you for reading! i hope you enjoyed it! sorry, it's taken me so long to write this, but I've had me time and I've been busy but hopefully, i'll be back for a while. see y'all soon < 3 go Steelers!!!!! go joe biden!