PART 1

AUTHOR'S 𝐏𝐎𝐕

In a dimly lit room, a man was bound to a chair, his shirt sticking to his body from a mixture of blood and sweat. Confident footsteps resonated in the darkness, and the man's eyes widened as Vivaan Singh Rathore approached, his expression unwavering.

"Sir, I'm truly sorry. Please, let me go" the man pleaded, but Vivaan's stern demeanor remained unchanged.

"Shut up!" Vivaan roared, and the man trembled. "Should have considered the consequences before betraying me." A gunshot echoed as Vivaan shot the man between the eyes.

"Dude, that's not cool I came here only for fun and you just shot him," Abhimaan complained and Vivaan just rolled his eyes.

"Go somewhere else to have fun, Abhi." Kabir remarked in a bored tone.

Exiting the warehouse, the trio conversed.

"I am done for the day." announced Kabir

"What done for the day, bitches? Let's go and have some fun," Abhimaan suggested.

"Can you stop behaving like a teenager who just got permission from his parents to stay over at his friend's house for overnight." Kabir snapped at him.

"I am heading home," Vivaan declared.

"You can't do this to me Vivaan." Abhimaan whined.

"Abhimaan you also go to your home or wherever the fuck you want to, but without us." Kabir glared at him.

" I am done with both of you," Abhimaan pointed a finger towards them.

"Us too," Kabir and Vivaan said at the same time and laughed.

"I am heading home now," Vivaan announced and drove home.

𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

"Who's going to tell Vivaan?" Kavita asked the others.

"Of course, Kalyani will talk to him," Jaiveer suggested.

"Yes, I'll talk to him at the dinner table, and I just hope he agrees," Kalyani said.

"He better, because it took a lot of effort to convince Raghuveer," Jaiveer grumbled.

(Jaiveer, Raghuveer, Kalyani, and Adhishree are best friends from college days. Their children are also friends, but their grandchildren barely know each other.)

𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄

"Vivaan, I think you should get married," Kalyani announced, and all the chatter at the dining table died down.

"NO," Vivaan said flatly, without looking up.

"What do you mean by 'NO'?" inquired Anubhav.

"I think everyone sitting here knows what NO means, Dad," Vivaan replied, glaring at his plate.

"But Vivaan, I think you should get married, beta," Kalyani stated softly.