PART 39

𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Looking at the clock, it's 2 a.m., and I find myself unable to sleep. Thoughts about how I could have saved my child keep running through my mind. How can I find peace and rest?

Anaya stirred restlessly in her sleep, her grip tightening on my T-shirt. I observed her face, beads of sweat forming, and her breath turning harsh.

Is she having a nightmare?

Her lips trembled, a shiver coursing through her body.

She is definitely having a nightmare.

I gently shook her, yet received no response.

"Lavender," I uttered, trying to rouse her. Her eyes opened.

"Are you okay?" I inquired, gently wiping the sweat from her forehead.

Her lips continued to tremble, and she snuggled into my chest.

The echoes of her sobs left me feeling utterly helpless. I couldn't bring myself to ask her to cease her tears.

"It's okay," I reassured, whispering as I rubbed her back.

"Why.. why did it happen to us?" She asked, looking up into my eyes.

Her tear-filled gaze formed a knot around my chest; witnessing her pain was excruciating. I'd do anything to erase those tears.

"It was my fault," I said, and she looked at me with a questioning expression.

"Rishab Bhalla was my rival way before you came into my life. He was behind me getting shot. And then, he kidnapped you because of me. It's all because of me. We lost our baby because of me," I confessed.

It's true, if I was careful enough then it wouldn't have happened. Nothing would have happened. I would never get shot, and Anaya would never have been kidnapped. And our baby would still be alive.

She continued to gaze at me, but the questioning look had faded, replaced by a piercing stare filled with pain. Her grasp on my T-shirt loosened, and she attempted to pull away, yet I tightened my hold around her.

"What are you doing, Lavender?" I asked.

"Going away from you," her response cut through my heart.

"I am not letting you go anywhere," I asserted, feeling her place fingers on my hand as she struggled against my embrace.

"Let me go, Vivaan," she demanded, her eyes ablaze with determination.