PART 28

𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐘𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐘𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I decided to surprise Vivaan by visiting his company without telling him. As I walked towards his office, I was about to enter when a girl stopped me.

"Excuse me, where do you think you're going?" she asked, glaring at me.

"Why are you smiling? Don't you have any manners? You were about to enter the CEO's office without an appointment. Stupid," she scolded.

"I apologize, but I don't think I need an appointment to meet him," I replied, smiling despite her rudeness.

"What, are you his girlfriend or something? Even if you are, I can't allow you to enter without an appointment," she said, eyeing me with disgust.

"I am not his girlfriend. And why are you referring to him as 'his'? He is your boss," I said through gritted teeth.

"Then you better get out before I call security to kick you out," she threatened, folding her arms.

"I am his wife," I stated matter-of-factly, but she just laughed.

"And I am the niece of Queen Elizabeth," she retorted, causing me to shake my head.

"I am telling you the truth," I insisted, but she still scrutinized me.

"If he was married, it would have been all over the news," she argued, making me regret asking to keep our marriage private.

Despite the encounter, I called Vivaan, and he answered promptly.

"Did you miss me, baby?" he greeted me, his voice filling my ear.

"I'm at your company, specifically right in front of your office," I informed him, as his office door opened behind me to reveal his smiling face.

"I'm sorry, sir, if this commotion disturbed you. I was just asking this lady politely to leave," the girl apologized, but Vivaan's smile faded as he glared at her.

"This lady is my wife," he declared, causing the girl to gasp and look at him with betrayed eyes.

"And you can go now, Miss Solanki," he dismissed her in a cold tone, and she hurried away.

"Did you miss me so much that you came all the way here just to meet me, Lavender?" Vivaan asked, excitement evident in his voice.

"I didn't miss you. I'm here because I was bored," I replied casually, earning a wider smile from him.

"Liar," he teased, kissing my nose before opening his office door for me, always a gentleman.