BONUS 2

VIVAAN'S POV

"Am I looking pretty, Dadda?" Ari asked, standing before me with her face smeared with Anaya's lipstick and Anaya's bangle adorning her wrist, her tiny hands raised in the air to keep them from falling.

"You're the prettiest, my little lavender," I replied, lifting her up, which elicited giggles from her.

Ari has turned six years old. She is growing up so fast, just like her brother. But I feel like Ari is growing up too fast compared to Avyaan.

"Will I find a prince now, Dadda?" she asked, catching me off guard.

"No prince is worthy of you, my little lavender," I said, and she pouted.

"Mumma said I'll find one when I'm older," she said, wrapping her arms around my neck, her bangles clinking as they fell to the floor.

She looked down at the floor and pouted, then looked at me.

"Let's get your face cleaned up," I said, knowing Anaya wouldn't appreciate the mess when she returns.

Anaya was out shopping with friends, finally taking some time for herself. She deserves it, always taking care of the kids and her job without ever seeming tired.

I took Ari to the bathroom to wash her face, calling out for Avyaan.

"What's he up to?" I wondered aloud.

"I want to paint, Dadda," Ari said, squeezing my cheeks with her hands.

"Let me clean up first, then I'll get your drawing supplies," I promised, smiling at her, and she squeezed my cheeks together until my lips turned into a pout, making her giggle.

I made Ari sit on the bed and started cleaning the mess she had created. I realized Avyaan was nowhere to be found.

I gathered Ari's drawing book, crayons, and paints, every kind of color she had, and passed them to her. She carefully looked at all the colors and then nodded her head.

She may have inherited Anaya's calmness and eyes, but she also inherited my stubbornness and temper. Though, I don't get angry now because I have found my calm and peace in Anaya.

Just thinking about my wife brings a smile to my face, and I find myself touching the back of my neck, feeling warmth spreading through me.

"I am going to go check on Avyaan, okay?" I said, and Ari just nodded her head.

I walked towards Avyaan's room. I opened it, but found it empty. Where is he? I looked in every room, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Avyaan," I called again, but got no response.

I ran towards the garden and exhaled a relieved sigh when I saw him under the shed with a letter in his hand.

I walked towards him, and he lifted his eyes as if he sensed my presence.

"What are you doing here, Avyaan?" I asked, and he just shook his head.

"I found these letter, Dad. But I couldn't understand its meaning." He waved the letter in front of me, and a bunch of were laying on his lap.

"Where did you find these?" I asked.

"Diti bua's room," Avyaan shrugged. I took the letter from his hand.

"Let's go inside; Ari is alone," I said, and Avyaan got up and collected the letters.

We both walked inside, and when we reached the room, Ari was laying on the bed, her stomach on it, one hand under her chin, and the other hand working on the drawing book.