3 | Mafias aren't mind-readers or fortune-tellers

---

"They didn't teach you to kill either, hyung."

---

[Y/n's POV]

Clutching my dress tightly in fists on either side of myself, I was walking downstairs while looking down, thinking of ways to run away from here, thinking of ways to save my dad, and most importantly...

Thinking of ways to smack that handsome face of Taehyung's.

I couldn't deny the truth, he was indeed very handsome. He looked beautiful, and people might easily mistake him for an angel if they personally didn't know him. A devil in disguise.

Sighing, I kept on walking behind him until he stopped without any notice, making me bump into his back.

"Ouch!" I rubbed my nose and glared at Taehyung, while he just turned his neck a bit to look at me, smirked, sneered and walked further.

C'mon Y/n he's making fun of you, beat the shit out of him already!

I glared at him till we reached the dining table and Taehyung took his seat, while I stood at a distance fidgeting my fingers. The only seat available was between Jungkook and Aera. I would have gladly sat on that chair and would have eaten my breakfast cuz at least I would have Aera by my side, but the thing which was troubling me was Mr Taehyung, who was sitting right in front of that particular empty seat on the other side of the table.

I didn't want to be near him, let alone sit in front of him and eat. Fvck it. I just didn't want to be here with the seven men who had made me cry so much in just less than 24 hours. They could have sent me the breakfast to 'my' room if they were so eager to keep me healthy, but no, they had to force me to come downstairs, sit on the same table as them and have the same food as them.

Annoying bastards.

[Author's POV]

As you were contemplating on whether you should just go and sit down quietly or turn around on your heels and head back to your room, Yeona called you. "Y/n-ah! What are you standing there for? Come here and have your breakfast!"

That's it, all eyes were on you now. You weren't used to being the center of attraction, not when you have stayed indoors for most days of your life. You haven't even been around these many people without your dad beside you, but you tried not to show your fears and insecurities. 'It'll soon be all over. C'mon Y/n, you can do it. These are just a bunch of scary little handsome humans.'

You closed your eyes and took in a long breath to calm yourself, and none of your actions went unnoticed by Taehyung, and a certain someone as well. You opened your eyes and walked towards them. Avoiding everyone's stare, you quietly sat down between Aera and Jungkook and looked down, not knowing what you should do further.

Just then you saw your plate getting filled with dishes. You looked up and found Aera serving you. When she was done, she looked at you with a smile, while you were still staring at her with your eyes full of gratitude.

"Eat well." She smiled again, making you smile back at her as you nodded your head and picked up your spoon to dig into your meal.

Everyone was having their breakfast and talking with each other, while you were taking small bites of your food and avoiding looking up from your plate, especially avoiding looking up straight into Taehyung's eyes. You knew he was staring at you, you could feel his stares on yourself, but you couldn't bring yourself to throw your spoon at him.