16 | Heart ache

---

"She isn't scared of you."

---

[Author's POV]

"So, you hurt her?"

A cold voice echoed in the huge hall of the lavish mansion. There was an eerie silence as Minho gulped at the sudden words that resonated in the dark mansion. He was sitting on his one knee on the floor, with his head bowed in respect. His leg was heavily bandaged and he was unable to walk or even sit properly, yet he was called to answer some questions.

"Yes father." He replied, with a cold emotion, more appropriately, a blank expression on his face, as if he was a robot.

"Why?"

Minho gulped. He quickly took a deep breath in. "I lost my mansion due to her." He replied, half sincerely.

"Was that little mansion of yours more important than my order?"

The hall was dark since the lights were off and the only source of light was the grand chandelier. Minho was right below the chandelier, but the voice was resonating and he was unable to decipher which direction it was coming from.

"Father-"

"WHAT HAD I ORDERED?!"

Minho shut his eyes, in fear. His throat was dry, but he had to reply or else he knew that his punishment would be severe.

"Bring Min Y/n to you without any scratch on her body." He gulped and uttered, feeling his body shake in anxiety.

"And you whipped her?"

The tip tap of shoes could be heard in the mansion, and the man was slowly stepping down the huge staircase. He had his walking stick in his hand, which he always kept with him as a show. Minho didn't dare to raise his head, as the man in his early fifties finally came under the amber lights of the chandelier and stood right in front of his son.

"You have disobeyed me Hwang Minho. I'm disappointed."

The man muttered with a hint of disgust in his voice as he rotated his stick in his hand.

"F-Father-"

"Don't you dare speak in front of me!" The man hit his son's hand with his stick which was on the floor, and out of reflex, Minho removed his hand in pain, but immediately kept it back to its previous position, in fear.

"I'm letting you go this time since I think that Kim has already punished you. But... Is one bullet really enough?"

The man laughed evilly, shaking Minho to the core. He quickly bowed down in front of his father and held his feet.