17 | Sea and Ocean

---

"No one can touch you when I'm here with you, princess."

---

[Author's POV]

Feeling the bright light on your face, you tried to turn around but it was difficult for you. You crumpled your eyebrows at the discomfort as a groan left your lips.

The tangerine rays of the sun illuminated the pale blue and white walls of the room as you felt some weight on your hand. You could hear the birds chirping, there was some distant noise of beeping machines, and perhaps some more sounds that you couldn't recognize.

Slowly and leisurely, you opened your eyes and stared at the white ceiling above you. At first, you couldn't get a hold on things, but slowly, as your senses returned, you were able to grasp on your surroundings.

Ship. Minho. KT.

Blood. Mafia. KT.

Hospital. Pain. KT.

Taehyung. Kim Taehyung.

KT. Mafia.

You gasped as you suddenly felt your hand in somebody's hold. It was sudden because your hands had been numb and you took time to understand, unknown of the fact that your hands were in the hold of that certain someone since last night.

You quickly tried to pull your hand back, but as soon as your eyes fell upon the person, you halted your movements.

It was Taehyung, sleeping while sitting on a chair and holding your hand in his. His calm and peaceful face was gleaming under the morning sun rays. You stared at him, a little longer than usual. A sudden wave of relaxation hit your body. There was something which was making you feel safe around him. You recalled the way you had been clutching Taehyung, seeking for protection. You kept staring at him as the memories from yesterday flooded in.

You were in that ship, and he had come to you. You were beaten up, and he had saved you. You fell in the sea, and he had prevented you from drowning.

"I'll protect you." His words from your engagement night rang in your ears.

He protected you. He kept his promise.

A sense of warmth surged inside your body as you unknowingly squeezed his hand, just to reassure yourself that your kidnapper was actually fulfilling his promises that he had made to you as your fiancé.

Feeling your hold tightening, Taehyung opened his eyes, his neck immediately hurting due to sleeping on the chair. But he was the least bothered about it as the first thing he did was quickly turn towards you, only to widen his eyes. He got up and carefully held your hand with both of his.

"Y/n-ah?" He whispered, as you stared in his eyes which were filled with concern. You simply hummed in response. "How do you feel princess?" He asked softly, making you gulp.