[BO] Sheep to the Slaughter

cw: implied gore, horror elements?

basically. Balancer Origins but it's a horror series :]
based off of the "You don't... sound.. Russian?" audio. so fun to think 'bout.

in this AU, Balancers are basically hunters that hunt/haunt everything/everyone they find interesting, or that needs to be monitored so they don't overpopulate/take over/destroy the damn steve realm.

- steves that have the Balancer mark are often exiled/abandoned due to the feared nature of Balancers.

- they still have the ability to Balance whatever they're the Balancer of, but it's more.. frightenin'. scary, due to how often animalistic they all are.

- Balancers tend to stick to eachother like a pack. the strongest normally being the leader, with whoever is the second and/or third being co-leaders.

- their appearance are also a bit disturbing. their skin having creaks of energy actively flowing through, their eyes often being colour voids, being way too fuckin' tall, arms too long, etc.

- Balance is the first Balancer to ever exist, and is the one that turn those marked into Balancers. immediately as he was born, was trapped because he fuckin' torn through a Guy.
"fuck it we ball" in his natural state.

- Steves in general cannot speak like Players. they don't have the organs to do so. unless they.. well, borrow it ofc.

Players aren't really known in the Steve Realm due to their rarity, often being dismissed as Urban Legends & Bad Omens.. then again, the Balancers were thought to be just scary stories, & look at where that got them.

they don't really know what Players are supposed to look like either, since they could legit be anyone. gestures wildly at Butterz.

although none of the Steves has a clue to why Players are considered Bad Omens.. they just know that if they appear, something is horribly wrong. *cou g h c ou g h* sabre* COUG H S*

anyways Lava isn't the first to enter the steve realm here. Box was the first, but he couldn't return to the Server because his Player Avatar's organs got fuckin' Harvested. & since the body didn't disappear, respawn didn't register having no organs as a death.

Both Players found the steve realm by complete accident, unluckily enough. (redcon, Box reluctantly gave [after Lava annoy him enough] the Server Seed to Lava because he wanted to investigate the Steve Realm)

oh yes Balance did take Box's voice box. he didn't hear a difference between players voices & steve "voices" so he took Box's to find a difference. the steves did not like that and got trapped cuz of it.
he ended up using the Chat when he first woke up because he didn't want to scare away his saviour. player voice came out later unconsciously.

he still hears no difference.

okay that's all, enjoy? hopefully? the audio rlly made my creativity juice go WEEEEE—
like always, if have anything to add, go on ahead ^^
noclips awayyy