[MC Dreams/FnaF 📝] headcanons go weee

dumpin' my headcanons/ideas of these series because it's midnight and i don't wanna sleep yet!!

I have 2 ideas of what's going on in MC Dreams. both are fairly angsty, but only one of them gets my brain juice go brrr

— first one, the world outside is a post-apocalypse wasteland.
the scientists are keeping them asleep because they're the last people left on the planet that couldn't get infected and they can't afford them dyin' in any way.

simply callin' this one [Post-apocalypse]. because ofc.

— second one, the world outside is fine. the people in MC Dreams were kidnapped and are used in dream-based experiments. the people outside have no idea where they are.

callin' this one [Missing Persons] because it's appropriate lmao.

this one. this one gave me so many thoughts.  because i immediately think of Butterz not being apart of the people that got kidnapped (he hasn't been any of the episodes so far) and is actually actively searching for the missing people.

he's basically the lead person that's working on this mass-missing mess and won't be stopping till he could finds them, in one piece or not.
more specifically till he finds Box. because. well if your childhood best friend went missing, wouldn't you want to search for them?

this is also like. my main headcanon for the MC Dreams series.
i luv MC Dreams so much man <33

the [missing persons] also gives me ideas for the reason the FnaF series even existing too.  because if it was in the [post-apocalypse] context, it wouldn't make much sense.

basically, Box and Diamond's consciousness gets split and are put in 2 different experiments. one is more like little one-offs, while the other has a specific theme/storyline.

MC Dreams is the small one-offs that are to test how they would react in different scenarios/nightmares, while FnaF is a more story-consistent experiment that tests how they'll react to traumatic but bizarre situations.

in this idea, the Butterz in FnaF isn't real.  he's more of an AI that's meant to assist Box till Diamond could be inserted into the experiment.
he was also made to test how they'll react to someone that was their ally turning against them.
why? cuz they're fucked up that's why.

how are they even doing this? ....good question. next—

now, imma start giving headcanons on like. Box & Diamond in the Fnaf series. because thoughts :3

both of them always has like a.. weird unreality feeling to everything.  like. they feel as through they're stuck in a dream that they can't wake up from.
but that's silly, because they know that this is real. they felt the pain. it hurts, so it can't be fake, right?

their memories are also a bit off. like; Box remembers that he used to play in the streets of his childhood town, but he can't even remember the town's name or the people in it. Diamond remembers he was the day guard, but he doesn't remember how he even came to be one, or if he even applied for it.

Box, after the King Bear's Revenge shit hole, started to live with Diamond. it was. like. it was like living in a romcom frfr.

i hope this made sense because i ain't even sure if i wrote everything on my mind lmao. enjoy, hopefully!!
imma go back to watching the vines and visions stream now. i don't care if it's 1 AM. LORE.