[Origins SMP] the "Owl" at the beginning of Time / Child of the Universe

spoilers for Origins, of course.

something something origins!Box being an actual Owl that was around the time that the Old Builders were around, watched their fell, and yet still stuck around to watch the World grow and improve

he read a lot of their books and learned their forbidden magic, and started to become.. basically a God lmao.

even tho by all accounts he was already a God. he was "born" by the Universe at the same time as the Overworld/Reality was born. he was around the time Minecraft first released, he saw Everything, as an lone Owl. other Owls started to be made by the Universe as Minecraft started to be more like.. what we see now, but he Was alone. all alone, with only the Universe to turn to.

the Owl loves learning about the World it recites in, all of it. it learns, and learns, and learns. it learns about the World, even before the Ancient Builders were even born. it has tried, tested, played with everything. and it loves it. it was lonely for awhile, sure, but it has learned so much within that time.. it hardly cared.
that doesn't mean he didn't feel lonely, tho.

and then the Ancient Builders came around, and the Universe gave the lone Owl more of its kind. the Owl loves its kind, it loves and learn and play, and it watches the Builders from far away. expect the cyan shirt Builder that loved to feed him and its kind, that loved to build.

it continues learning despite not being alone anymore, the other owls learn with him. he's the oldest, after all.

the Owl saw everything.
it saw how the cyan builder slaughtered everything in his path, it saw how the other Builders scream and ran. it remembered hiding its kind because it knew it wasn't safe for any of them. it knew.

it remembers how the Builder saw it for the final time, and how he asked what it knew. how he asked for everything it knew.
it never gave him any of it.

they're all gone. the Owl never saw their departure. it never had the chance to learn about the Builders personally, how they learn and react. it has only learned from the cyan Builder, and it was only so much info.

so, when it starts to see people (not humans, unlike the Builders. but humanoid.), it wanted to learn more about them. the other owls want to, as well. but again, you can only learn so much about a species that you're not apart of.

so it asked the Universe, like it always does,
"Creator, how could I learn what's it like, to be them? To be a Human?"
and it answers,
"To become one of Them."
so, it asks,
"May I become one? For even just a year?"
and the Universe answers,
"Of course. If you ever want to return Home, We are Here."

so, the Owl was given a Humanoid Form. and it choose the name "Box" for itself.
and was let out into the world, with a promise to the Universe that it won't tell its secrets. that it could take everything away from it if it so ever utter a word of its secrets.