FRAGMENTS OF HOPE

{41}

{41}

Taehyung's heart raced as he rushed through the hospital doors, Y/n cradled in his arms. Panic and worry filled his every step as he desperately searched for a doctor to attend to her. The receptionist noticed his distress and quickly pointed him in the direction of the emergency room.

Without wasting a second, he burst into the chaotic ER, shouting for help. Nurses and doctors instantly took notice and rushed towards him, their eyes widening at the sight of Y/n's pale and battered form. One doctor, stepped forward, her face stoic but filled with compassion.

Doctor- What happened?

He asked as she directed the hospital staff to prepare for Y/n's immediate transfer to the operation theatre. Taehyung's voice trembled with fear as he explained,

Taehyung- Her h-head.... she got hit by an iron rod on her head. She took the worst of the impact.

The doctor nodded, her expression grave. 

Doctor- Alright, we need to act quickly. We're taking her in for emergency surgery.

The doctors swiftly took Y/n into the operation theater, their expressions serious. Taehyung's heart sank as he realized just how critical her condition was. Jin, arrived just in time to see Taehyung desperately try to keep himself together.

He rushed to his side, seeing Taehyung break down in his arms. 

Jin- Taehyung, what happened? 

He asked, concern etched in his voice. Tears streamed down Taehyung's face as he struggled to find words, his voice trembling. 

Taehyung- I... I don't know, Hyung. Jihyun was about to hit me, but Y/n pushed me out of the way, and it hit her instead.

He choked out, his voice filled with anguish.

Jin- She's going to be okay, Taehyung,

He whispered softly. Taehyung clung to those words, his eyes glistening with unshed tears. 

Taehyung- I can't lose her, Hyung. Not now, not ever. She means everything to me.

Jin- I can understand how scared you must be right now. Y/n is in good hands, the doctors are some of the best. They will do everything they can to save her.

Taehyung- She means everything to me.

Jin- Love can perform miracles, Taehyung. 

Hours passed, but they felt like an eternity to Taehyung. Every ticking second was accompanied by a flurry of worry. As they waited anxiously for any news of Y/n's condition, Taehyung recalled the moments they had shared together. He remembered Y/n's infectious laughter, her warmth, and the way she always believed in him.

Taehyung- Hyung, Y/n means everything to me. She's the reason I smile every day. I can't lose her.

He whispered, his voice filled with vulnerability. Jin squeezed Taehyung's hand, his voice gentle but firm.