BEYOND THE SHADOWS

{42}

{42}

Next evening, as Taehyung sat by Y/n's side, her eyelids fluttered slightly. He leaned in closer, his heart racing with excitement. Gradually, her eyes opened, revealing hazy orbs searching for familiarity. His breath hitched as their gazes locked, a tender smile gracing his lips.

Taehyung- You're awake.

He whispered, his voice filled with relief and happiness. Y/n struggled to speak, her words weak and fragile. 

Y/n- Taehyung?

She murmured, her voice barely audible. A rush of emotions flooded through Taehyung, and he gently squeezed her hand. 

Taehyung- Yes, Y/n, it's me. I'm right here.

His voice was filled with tenderness and love. Y/n's eyes widened as fragments of her memory flooded back. 

Y/n- What happened?

She asked, her voice laden with uncertainty.

Taehyung- You had surgery, love. But the doctors said you're going to be just fine. You're in the recovery ward now.

He replied softly. Y/n blinked, her mind still muddled from the anesthesia. As her foggy mind cleared, she reached out to clutch Taehyung's hand tightly. 

Y/n- I was so scared.

She confessed, tears welling in her eyes. Taehyung wiped away her tears gently, his touch filled with an unconditional love that only inched closer to flowering in their hearts. 

Taehyung- I'll always be here for you, Y/n. Through thick and thin, we'll face every challenge together.

Y/n- Taehyung... you look like you've been through hell.

Tears glistened in Taehyung's eyes as he grasped Y/n's hand tightly. 

Taehyung- You don't know how terrified I was.

He confessed, his voice choked with emotion. Tears stung Y/n's eyes now, matching the pain etched on her face. She reached out, brushing her fingers gently across Taehyung's wet cheeks.

Y/n- I'm sorry for scaring you, but I'd do it all over again. Taehyung. I couldn't bear to see you hurt.

Taehyung- How could you do it, Y/n? You risked your life to save mine. I can't believe it.

He asked, his voice breaking. Y/n's eyes welled up with tears of her own. 

Y/n- There was no other choice, Tae. You mean everything to me. I couldn't bear to lose you.

Taehyung leaned in closer, his voice barely above a whisper. 

Taehyung- I love you so much, Y/n. Please never dare to do anything like this again. I can't imagine my life without you.