Chapter 5

Carter:

I woke up in my room after a long night of partying. I love the welcome back party. I can scout out any new puck bunnies who want a piece of me. I know what you are thinking, 'Carter, you are such a whore', and well... if the shoe fits, I guess I'm wearing it. I don't care about finding love or a girl. All I care about is making it to the NHL.

I sat up in my bed, trying to remember what happened last night since my bed smelled like a girl was in it.

Did I have a girl in here last night? After trying to recall what happened last night, I realized I let that chick sleep in my room. She looked pretty freaked out when I brought her to my room. She probably thought I would try something on her, but one thing about me is that's not how I roll. I'm all for consent, and that girl just wanted to crash here tonight, so I figured I should be nice for once. I let her sleep in my bed and I slept on the floor, after awhile on the floor I got in bed with her thinking nothing of because my back was on fire and went back to sleep. I think she said her friend was fucking Jason.

Jason is my best friend, we were roommates since freshman year and now that we are living at hockey house we are just down the hall from each other. We are each other's wingmen, and boy, do we do a good job helping each other out. There are five guys that live here, me Carter Jones, the captain of the Mount Grey Hockey team and right defenceman, Jason Mitchell my co-captain and my left defenceman, Brett Smith, the best goalie in the state, Ryan Robertson our starting center, and Josh Brady our right winger. We have all been close since we got on the team with dreams of making it to the NHL.

I roll out of bed and head downstairs. I see Brett and Ryan in the kitchen starting to clean up the mess from last night. One thing about Ryan is that he is a clean freak. Everything must be in tip-top shape. I guess it's nice to live with a maid.

As I approach them, Brett looks at me and smirks.

"I saw your fling rush out the door this morning. You must have done a good job with her last night. She couldn't even have a conversation with me," Brett says. I make my way to the fridge.

"If you would like to know I didn't do anything with her last night, she just needed a place to crash. She said her friend was with Jason, and you know how long he likes to keep his visitors around," I said to him while opening the fridge to grab a protein shake.

Brett looked speechless

"So you're telling me you had that hot-ass babe in your room and did nothing? What's happening to you, man?" He said in shock.

He is right. I usually make a move with any girl and let alone; I never let them stay the night.

As I was going to speak, I looked and saw that Jason had entered the kitchen.

"Bro, that girl really knows how to keep up with my kind of pace," Jason said

Brett and Ryan pat him on the back while I shake my head and start to head back to my room.

"Yo, are you coming to free skate before practice?" I hear Ryan yell

As I was about to say yes, I remember I told my father I'd meet him for a late lunch at the country club he belongs to

"Sorry man, I told my dad I'd meet him for lunch; I'll meet you at practice," I said

"I thought you couldn't stand your dad," Josh said as he made his way down the stairs.

I really do. I can't stand him. All he does is tell me hockey is just a hobby and that I should become a lawyer just like him so that I will be successful. That is probably why he wants to have lunch with me today. Just to tell me that I'm a disgrace. Well, sorry, Dad, I have a dream, and I am fighting for it.

"I do, but I'm getting a free lunch out of it, so figured I go," I say while I march up the stairs

I didn't hear a response as I continued my walk to my room.

I get to my room trying to find something to wear, I never been to his country club he belongs to because for starters I try to avoid any personal time with my father because everytime we are together it just turns into a lecture. Another reason is that it's a golf course and I don't golf. That's all my father does in his free time, but he insists that I can go to eat, so that's the plan.

After googling appropriate country club attire, I settled for a green collared shirt, grey dress pants with a brown belt, and white sneakers. I look at myself in the mirror and figure that the outfit is good. I grab my wallet and keys and head out my door.

I make my way downstairs as my teammates cat-call me

I make my way downstairs as my teammates cat-call me. We always joke around with each other, innocently flirting just to be funny. After giving them a little spin, I throw up a peace sign and head out the front door.

I get in my BMW, enter directions, and start driving. I pray that this isn't going to be hell.

************************************************

Alright guys! We finally got a Carter POV; I wonder how the lunch will go? Keep reading to find out! Make sure to vote, share, and comment!

Word count -964