Chapter 15

Carter:

We are in my room brainstorming ideas on how we are going to get my dad out of the club. I never want him near her again after what she told me what he says about her. I wanted to murder him when she told me he would make inappropriate comments about her.

Ever since Ive met this girl, I can't get her out of my mind. She is funny, smart, fearless, and absolutely beautiful.

I am sitting next to her on my bed, acting like I'm brainstorming when really I'm staring at her beautiful face while she is writing out all the ideas we have come up with so far. One thing about her that I have noticed is that she is very organized with her planning.

My thoughts were interrupted when she looked up at me.

"So what we have so far is that we pop the tires on his golf cart at the course, we steal his golf clubs, and let him think the club lost them. And in the restaurant, I'll give him the worst service because if I am straight-up rude, I could lose my job. What if someone finds out about our plan? I could really lose my job," she said as she rambled about all the possibilities that could go wrong.

"Brynn, calm down," I say as I grab her hand, making her look at me

She takes a deep breath and starts to relax

"I'm sorry, I am just overthinking," She says with a sigh

"I just dont want to get in trouble. I really need my job," she says

"I won't let anything happen to you. If we do get in trouble, I will take all the blame," I say, trying to calm her nerves. I really wouldn't let anything happen to this girl. I want to protect her forever.

She looks like she is relaxed, so it's a good time for a break.

"Why dont we take a break," I say while I remove the notebook from her lap.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?" I ask

"Yeah, that would be a good distraction right now," she said as I nodded, turned on my TV, and turned the lights off. She is now lying on my bed with her head against the headrest. I make my way over to her, lay next to her, and grab my remote.

I ask, "Do you want to watch Grown Ups?" as I know that's her favorite movie.

"Of course I do," she says with a smile

We are about 30 minutes into the movie, and I see her resting her head against my shoulder. She must be falling asleep. I look down and see that she is still up, and she notices that I am looking at her, too. We stare at each other, and I feel our faces getting closer and closer until they can't get any closer. Our lips connect, and I feel sparks going through my body. This has never happened before. Whenever I kissed another girl, It felt like nothing. But with Brynn, I feel fireworks erupting through my body.

After a few moments, we pull away and stare into each other's eyes.

"Wow," I say, and she smiles softly

"Yeah, wow," she said

Brynnley:

Holy .... I can't even function right now

Carter just kissed me

And it felt amazing. I literally had fireworks throughout my whole body.

Now, we are just staring at each other. What do I do now? I dont want to make this awkward.

"So what do we do now' I say straight up. Nice going, Brynn. Way to make things not awkward

Carter smiles "Want to continue planning?" he says

"Yeah, let's do that," I say, sitting up. He stands up and heads to turn the lights on.

Maybe he should have kept the lights off. My face feels like it's on fire, and I can only imagine what it looks like.

He hops on the bed, making me bounce, and I laugh at his childish act

"Do you work tomorrow?" he asks

"Yeah, I do," I say

"So tomorrow, my dad always golfs at 12, as you probably know, so I was thinking I'll show up early, and you can show me where the cart is, and we can pop holes in the tires," he says

I start to get nervous that we are actually going through with this plan. I look down and start to play with my fingers.

He can tell I am getting hesitant about the plan.

He takes his hand and places it under my chin so that I can look at him "Hey, it's going to be okay. This is going to work. It's going to be a long process, but we are going to make this work," he says. Just his touch alone makes me calm down.

"Okay, okay. I know this will work I am just nervous," I say.

"I know but it's gonna be okay." he says and I nod.

"So I'll be there at 11:30 does that work?" he says.

I nod "Yeah, I'll get there at 10." I say, and he nods.

It's quiet. I want to talk about the kiss I just dont know what to say.

"I enjoyed the kiss," he said as if he just read my mind.

"I did too," I say shyly.

He chuckles "I would like to kiss you again someday."

"I would too, but I should head out. It's getting late. Thanks again for helping me out with this and, well, the kiss," I say

He smiles "Yeah, of course," he says, standing up with me and walking me to his bedroom door.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I say to him, grabbing my purse.

"See you then," he said, leaning in and kissing me on the cheek.

I smile and leave his room.

I think I am starting to fall for him. This could be dangerous.

************************************************
Chapter 15 is up and They kissed!!! It's starting to get juicy lol. I hope you all are enjoying this! Please comment and vote. Let me know if you are liking the book!
word count - 1000