Chapter 7

Carter:

As I got to the country club, I saw that it looked very fancy. I start to head inside, and I find the restaurant. Luckily, no one else is in there besides my dad and his co-worker. I noticed the waitress taking their order, and I headed over to them. I stood behind the waitress, trying to sneak past her, but was too late. She ran into me. I stare at her, and she looks familiar. Where do I know her from?

I quickly said, "Sorry, Miss, I didn't think you were turning around so fast,"

She looked like she was going to say something but was cut off by my father.

"Don't you apologize to this waitress. She should have been aware of her surroundings; now, whatever your name is, get my son's drink order and hurry up. I want my drink."

I was in shock at how he talked to her. Thank god I learned my manners from my mother. I really dont know what she sees in him.

I see her looking at me for my drink order.

"Just a coke, please," I say to her, and I see in the corner of my eye my dad giving me a look as if all I drink is booze. I explain to him, "I got practice tonight. I can't be drinking."

He nods and tells me to grab a seat as I see the waitress speeding away.

I sit down and glance at the menu in peace for a moment until my father interrupts my concentration.

"So, son, how is school going?" He says, looking at me

I put the menu down and looked at him. "It's going good. It just started up, so nothing is really going on."

He nods and looks at his co-worker. "Carter plays hockey for the college team. He is alright. But I keep trying to convince him to go into law." he says

I start getting annoyed. I just sat down, and he couldn't even ask how I was doing or if he could attend any upcoming games and be a supportive father. I guess not. I look up and see the waitress coming with a tray of our drinks.

"Here is your kettle one and club," giving the drink to my father

"Here is the Miller Lite, and here is your coke," my dad's co-worker and I said thank you as my father kept looking at the menu in disgust.

"Are you ready to put some food in?" the waitress asks

My father ordered his wedge salad, and his co-worker ordered a BLT sandwich. While they were ordering, I just stared at this gorgeous girl in front of me, trying to figure out how I knew her.

She looks at me for my order, but instead, I ask, "You look very familiar. How do I know you?"

She stares at me, and her face turns a deeper shade of red than it already was

"Umm, I go to Mount Grey University. I think I've seen you around there," She said very shyly.

Then it hit me! She is the girl from last night!

"Wait, I met you last night. You came to the party, Brynnley, right?" I said proudly that I remembered

She looked embarrassed. "Um, yeah, that was me. What can I get you to eat?" If my father weren't sitting next to me, I would have said, 'I would love to eat you.' 

But I held myself back from that comment and gave her my order, and she walked away. I may have taken a glance at her ass that was swaying away from me. I snapped out of it and looked at my father.

My father looked disappointed in me.

"Really, son, first day back to school and already partying."

I roll my eyes and keep quiet.

The rest of the lunch continued with lectures and silent arguing. We finally got the bill, and I couldn't wait to leave. My father told Brynnley to put it on his account and left without a thank you or even giving me a goodbye. I opened the book to see if he left a tip, and he didn't. 

I grabbed out my wallet, threw $50 in, and found Brynnley to hand her the checkbook.

"Hey, thank you for putting up with us. I put a little something in there for you," I say to her.

She looks at me and blushes

"Thank you. I appreciate it." She says with that beautiful smile.

I nod and turn around but stop in my tracks to look at her

"I'll see you around campus," I say and make my way to my car

I will definitely find a way to see this girl again

What am I doing? I never care to see a girl.

She is doing something to me.

************************************************
Thank you so much for reading! I really hope you like this. Please share feedback on any thoughts you are having. Please like, share, and vote!

word count - 785