Chapter 12

Brynnley:

It's finally the day! I have a date with Carter. I mean, I'm getting dinner with Carter because it's not a date, right? I mean, I barely know the guy. Of course, it's not a date.

I continue to get ready. Carter didn't specify where we are going. all he said was that it was an Italian restaurant that wasn't too fancy, but it definitely not Olive Garden Casual.

He texted me last night to say he would pick me up at my dorm at 7 pm for dinner.

I gave him my address, expecting the conversation to end, but it didn't. He asked how the rest of my shift went and hoped his dad didn't cause any trouble.

I said that it went well and that his dad was okay yesterday, and he was. Probably because Sarah was a saint and knew I hated taking his table, so she took it for me. Bless her soul.

We may or may not have texted for the rest of the night just about the most random stuff, like our favorite season, our favorite type of music, and our favorite movies. I was shocked when I found out we both have the same favorite movie, Grown Ups. It is a classic go-to movie that always makes me laugh, so of course, it's my favorite.

I told him if we kept texting, we wouldn't have anything to talk about at dinner, and he agreed as we said goodbye.

It was very hard to fall asleep, as I was up all night with a smile on my face. He actually doesn't seem like a bad guy at all. I guess his reputation speaks louder than words.

Anyway, I decided to wear a white long-sleeve top, light-wash jeans with ripped knees, and cute nude pumps.

I hear my phone ding as I see I got a text from Carter saying he is here

I grab my purse and head out of my dorm.

I walk outside and see him leaning on the passenger side of a white BMW. Wow, he looks really good. He is wearing a black sweater with light grey jeans and white sneakers.

 He is wearing a black sweater with light grey jeans and white sneakers

He even makes casual look good.

I get closer to him, and we lock eyes.

"Hey, you ready?" He says while opening the door for me.