Chapter 10

Carter:

I am back at the house getting ready to leave for practice. Once I get all my stuff in my duffel bag, I head downstairs and find Jason in the kitchen waiting for me.

"Yo, you ready to go," I say to him as I make my appearance known.

He looks up from his phone and nods.

He picks up his duffel bag, and we head out to my car. As we started our drive, I decided to ask him for some advice on my Brynn situation.

"I have a question for you," I say to him as he puts his phone in his lap.

"Shoot," he responds.

I take a deep breath. "So I have eyes for this girl, but she wants nothing to do with me, and I really want to get to know her. What should I do?"

He looks like the world just ended.

"I must be getting sick. Did THE Carter Jones just say he has eyes for a girl? " With his hands over his chest

"Now, it wouldn't be the same girl who spent the night in your room the other night and made no moves," he said.

"Yup, that would be her," I say

"God damn, man," he said, still in shock.

"Don't make it a big deal. I'm a changed man," I say proudly.

Jason laughs "Alright Alright, What do you know about her," he says

I think for a moment. I realize I dont know anything about her.

"All I know is that she slept in my bed. She is drop-dead gorgeous, she is in my 8 am class, and she works at a country club.." I say slowly as it comes to me, I should go back to the country club!

"That's it! I'll go back to the country club!" I say to Jason "What do you mean go back? You've been there?" He said confused

"Yeah, that's where I had lunch with my dad the other day. He is a member there. I can just say my dad is letting me use his account for the day." I say as I turn into the parking lot into the arena.

"Well, brother, it sounds like you have yourself a plan," He says as I park, and he grabs his duffel bag, making his way out of my car.

I guess I do have a plan. I'll go back tomorrow hopefully she is working.

We head into the arena and go to the locker room to suit up.

Once we hit the ice, I feel all my thoughts float away as I'm speeding around the rink as we start to warm up. This is my form of therapy. I feel so at peace on the ice. This is my happy place.

We go through practice doing all of our drills for our upcoming game on Saturday, our first game of the season. I'm glad it's a home game. We always play well at-home games.

We are going up against Brooks University. They are tough competition.

As we finished up practice, our coach gave us a talk about how we need to be focused and ready for this game and all that hype-up stuff coaches always say.

Once we are done, we make our way to the locker room.

I hit the showers and get packed up to head back to the house.

Brett sees me walking out and stops me.

"Jason told me about your girl problem," I groan. I forgot that about Jason. He is a fucking blabber mouth.

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, and you shall not repeat anything you hear."

Brett laughs and continues walking to his car as I walk to mine.

We got back to the house, and I saw a girl waiting outside the door.

Once we park, Jason runs out and grabs the girl's wrist, dragging her inside the house. I assume they are making their way up to Jason's room now. I laugh as I get out of my car and make my way inside. Once I get inside the door, I look towards the stairs and see that Jason and his fling haven't made their way up the stairs and have the girl pinned against the wall making out.

I cough, interrupting them.

Jason looks with an annoyed look.

I smirk "Care to Introduce your guest," I ask teasingly.

"Um yeah, this is Jensen. She was at the party the other night; she spent the night."

Wait if she was with Jason that night, does that mean she is Brynnley's roommate?

"Nice, I'm Carter," I say, and she nods with a Hi, I nod my head to Jason to signal him to come here so I can speak to him. He tells Jensen to meet him in his room, as she runs up the stairs

"What's up man, I got that hot babe waiting for me," Jason says in a rush.

"Bro, I think that's Brynnley's roommate," I say

"Cool, is that all you have to say?" He says

"No, Once your done sucking face with her, try to get her to say anything about her roommate so that I can find out more about her," I say

Jason nods and runs up the stairs.

I hope he will get more information from Jensen because I want to get to know this girl.

************************************************
Hey everyone! Hope you're doing well! Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate anyone that reads! Make sure to comment and vote! Much love <3
word count 895