Chapter 11

Brynnley:

It's the next day, and I am starting to get ready for work. I tried to forget about my interaction with Carter yesterday, so I was cooped up in my dorm all day trying to get ahead on my papers and studying. I just finished my classes for the day, and I'm and rushing out the door before I am later than I already am.

I walk across campus to get my car and start my way to work. Once I get there, I see Sarah's car in the parking lot and send a prayer to the gods above, knowing I won't be alone today.

I head in and greet Sarah. Once she sees me, she runs over to give me a hug. "Oh, thank god you are here!" She says gratefully

I giggle "I'm so glad you're here I really didn't want to be by myself today." I say putting my stuff down in the service room corner

"Has it been busy? Do we have reservations?"

We discussed the schedule for later and got to our tables.

An hour passed, and I headed to the bathroom. Once I was done, I freshened up and made my appearance kind of decent.

As I make my way back to the service room, Sarah stops me.

"Hey, a person just sat down at table 4 requesting you," she said

I nod my head, thinking nothing of it because my regulars request me all the time. Ugh, I love my regulars!

I grabbed a menu and headed to the table that Sarah said the person sat at.

As I approach the table with my professional smile, I stop in my tracks when I see who it is.

Why the fuck is Carter here?

I continued walking to him and placed the menu in front of him as he looked up from his phone with a smile.

"Hey, um, what are you doing here," I say, trying to stay calm.

"Just grabbing a bite to eat; the food was good last time I was here," he says

"Okay then, what can I get you?" I ask

He gives me his drink and lunch order, and I grab his menu and walk away, trying to leave as quickly as possible.

After a while, his food was ready, and I brought it out to him.

"Here is your burger. Can I get you anything else?" I say in my professional voice

He looks at me with a nod "Yes, actually, I was wondering if we could talk when you end your shift," he says as I stare at him. Why does he want to talk to me? Didn't he just talk to me yesterday?

I quickly say, "Can't, I work late."

"What about during your break," he says

He looks genuine; maybe I should?

"My break isn't for another hour," I say

"I'll wait." He says with his charming smile

"Okay then, I'll let you know when it starts. Enjoy your food." I say as I leave him to eat.

What could he possibly want to talk about?

An hour passed by a little too quickly, and now I have to talk to him. I am a little nervous, and I don't know why.

Of course, I know why. He is gorgeous, and I feel like I can't talk to him without getting lost in his beautiful eyes or starting my sentence with 'Um'.

Anyway, I headed outside as he said he was waiting for me there.

I go out the front door and see him sitting on the bench on the side of the door, looking at his phone. He must have heard the door open because he turned off his phone and stood up, making his way towards me.

"Hey, Thanks for meeting me out here," He says gratefully.

"Yeah, sure. What's up?" I say as I want him to get right to the point.

"Right, I just wanted to apologize for how our conversation went yesterday. I didn't mean it to come out that way." He says. He looks genuine

"Um, it's okay. You just really acted like a big jerk," I say

"Yeah, I know I really was acting like a big jerk, but honestly, I just want to get to know you."He says

What! Why does he want to get to know me? Does he like me? Do I want him to like me?

As I was about to speak, I was cut off by someone shouting his name. "Carter"

We both looked to see who was calling his name and saw that it was his dad.

"Son, what are you doing here?" Mr. Jones said aggressively

"I was just getting a bite to eat. The food was good when I came here last," Carter explains as I am standing next to him, playing with my fingers. I definitely don't want to get involved in this.

"You better have paid with your own money and not just put the bill on my account," Mr Jonas said, then looked at me.

"Why are you talking to this waitress?" He said to Carter.

"Don't you have a job to do or something? I don't pay all this money to be at this club just to see the waitresses standing outside doing nothing, " Mr. Jones said to me, walking to the door and heading inside.

God, I hate that guy.

"I fucking hate him. I'm so sorry about him," Carter said with a sorrowful look.

"Yeah, so do I," I say and then quickly continue

"I'm sorry I shouldn't say that about your dad," I say, feeling bad I said that out loud.

"Dont worry about it," he said

"I guess we both have something in common then. How about we go out to dinner tomorrow just to get to know each other more and see what else we have in common?" He says

He wants to go out to dinner with me? Is this a date? Maybe I should get to know this different side of Carter. I might as well, and if it doesnt go well, then I won't see him again.

"Sounds like a plan," I say, feeling kinda giddy on the inside.

"Perfect," he takes out his phone and hands it to me.

"Put your number in, I'll text you the details," He says as I grab his phone.

I put my number in and handed his phone back.

"Alrighty, well, I have to head back in. I guess I'll see you tomorrow." I say, walking backward towards the door

"See you then," He says with a wink.

What am I getting myself into?

************************************************
Things are getting more interesting! I hope you are liking it so far!! I love writing it's like my form of therapy and make me escape reality. Anyways please vote and comment i would rlly appreciate it!!
word count - 1097