Chapter 14

Brynnley:

We get to the arena and see that it is packed. We started walking in, and I felt eyes all on me. I take a lot around and see people looking at me. Do I have a stain or something on my clothes? Is my hair messed up? Why are they staring at me?

I try to ignore it and keep walking. Once we get inside, we head straight to the bar to get some drinks. Jensen and I dont know sports that well, so we figured it would be more enjoyable once we get some drinks in our system.

Once we got our drinks, we headed to our seats. I was shocked to see where our seats were. They were front-row seats right in front of the glass. Damn, when Carter sent me the tickets, I was expecting nosebleed seats or something not this good.

I look over my shoulder and still see people staring at me

"Why is everyone staring at me?" I ask Jensen She looks over her shoulder to see everyone looking
"Probably because you are wearing Carter's jersey. I told you no one ever wears it." she says, taking a sip of her drink

I also take a sip of my drink, trying to take the edge off.

I shake off that, though, as the light starts to dim in the arena, loud rap music starts to play, and red and white strobe lights appear all over the ice like spotlights.

The opposing team hits the ice, and everyone boos

A loud hour blares, and our team starts to get announced

The announcer yells the player's names as he gets to the final two

"Our starting Left Defenceman and co-captain, number 14, Jason Mitchell!!" Jensen stands up cheering and clapping, and I decide to join her since that's her little fling

"And lastly, our starting right defenceman and the captain, number 20, Carter Jones!!" they announce as I cheer and the arena erupts in cheers as he skates around the rink doing and lap and as he passes me we lock eyes, and he winks.

Man, these butterflies in my stomach really need to calm down

The game begins, and all I see are men skating back and forth on the ice. Shoving each other into the walls. Fights were happening left and right. I really should have studied this sport before I came because I had no idea what was going on.

All I know is that it's the 3rd period with one minute left, and it's tied 3-3.

As the men are going at it on the ice, I see Carter has the puck and is making his way to the net. There are 2 seconds left, Carter shoots, and he scores as a loud horn blares. Jensen and I shoot up, jumping up and down in excitement while cheering as all the guys huddle around Carter on the ice in their celebratory hug.

The game is over, and the team makes their way off the ice as Jensen and I head towards the locker room, where Carter told me to meet him after the game.

About 30 minutes later, I see Carter and Jason making their way out of the locker room, looking like they just got out of the shower with their duffel bags thrown over their shoulder.

They look our way, and Carter's eyes meet mine as he smiles, and I return one back. I look over to Jensen to see she isn't standing beside me anymore but is running into Jason's arms. Hmm, I'll ask her what is going on between the two of them later.

I walk up to Carter. Do I give him a hug, too?

I decided against it

"Hey, great game you had." I said to him cheerfully

He smiled "Thanks, did you see that goal I scored for you?" he said as I blushed while nodding my
head

"I did! Congrats on the win."

He smiled while he leaned in close and whispered in my ear,

"You look really good in my jersey," He said in a seductive tone

Holy fuck. My face probably looks like a tomato right now. I feel like I am blushing so hard right now. He pulls back, and we lock eyes.

I heard someone clearing their voice beside us. I looked and saw that it was Jason.

"Hey, I'm Jason. We never met before, but I feel like we have known each other for forever by how much Jensen and this guy speak about you," Jason said, pointing towards Carter as Carter hit him in the back of the head

Jensen and I giggled. I see why Jensen would talk about me to him since we were roommates, but Carter? What does he say about me to him? He talks about me?

"Hey, I'm Brynnley," I say with a smile

"So are we going to head back to the house," Jason said to all of us

Carter nods his head, and we start walking to his car. I guess Jensen is going to hang out with Jason while Carter and I discuss our plan.

Once we get to the car, Jason and Jensen sit in the back, and I sit in the front next to Carter

"Yo, can we get food or something on the way? Im fucking starving," Jason says as his stomach growls, and we all laugh

We all agree that we are hungry as well and head to McDonald's. The car ride was filled with silly jokes and laughter. These guys are funny. They definitely got a sense of humor.

We finally got back to the house and headed inside

Jason and Jensen headed to Jason's room while Carter and I headed to his room.

Once we got inside, we sat on his bed with our McDonald's bags.

"Alrighty, let the planning begin," Carter says as I laugh

Alright, let's do this.

************************************************
Chapter 14 is up! The planning is about to begin!! I hope you are enjoying this! Please comment and vote!
word count -991