Chapter 22

Brynnley:

It's the day- the day I go on a date with Carter! I am a little nervous even though I shouldn't be. I mean, we have hung out many times, and I thought nothing about it. But this is different. He says he likes me and asks me on a date. That has to mean something, right?

Jensen was up all night picking out an outfit for me, and when I say all night, I mean all night. We didn't get to bed till 1 am.

I am now finishing up my makeup and about to change into the outfit Jensen chose.

Jensen forced me to leave my comfort zone by making me wear a skirt. At first, I was totally against it, but she said I could wear black tights with it, which made me feel a little more comfortable.

She picked out a white sweater, a black leather skirt, black tights, and a pair of black booties she let me borrow.

I really like this outfit. It makes me feel so confident, and not to toot my own horn or anything, but I look hot.

Carter said he would pick me up at 6:30, and it's 6 now, so I decided to curl my hair in the meantime.

As I finish my hair, I hear a knock on my door. I unplugged my curling iron and headed towards the door.

I open the door, and my breath is taken away. I see Carter holding a bouquet of roses. I could cry. That is so nice of him to do. But that's not the only thing that took my breath away, and he looks so good right now. I mean, really good. He is wearing a white short-sleeved button-down with black dress pants and white shoes.

 He is wearing a white short-sleeved button-down with black dress pants and white shoes

My god, he looks hot right now.

"Hey, wow, you look gorgeous," he said, speechless

I blushed. " You dont look too bad yourself," I said while opening the door more so that he could come in.

He comes in and hands me the roses

"I got these for you. I didn't know if you had a favorite, so I hope that these are okay."

I take them from his hand and smell them.

"These are beautiful. I love them," I say while trying to find something to put them in.