40 || Photograph

"There's a lot of people here."

Jean whispered under his breath, and you only patted his back when you realised how some women had been staring at him, to the point they giggled and fluttered their eyelashes. Something that would make any man feel honoured. If it was Connie, maybe, but Jean wasn't like any man out there.

They must be some kind of noble ladies. From the fancy dress, light make-up on their faces, and even to the way they walked. So proper, but infuriating to see, sometimes.

You used to walk like that, striding in one line, following an invincible mark on the street wherever you went. After you became a warrior, however, you started to drop it, letting go of a few parts of you that made you a noble. Even though some of it still stuck on your everyday gestures.

"What's wrong? Don't tell me you dislike the attention?" You snickered, earning a groan from the tallest man around. "Don't you have anything to bite back? Now that's new."

"I do like attention, but only from certain people. Mind you." He flicked your forehead, earning a little ouch from you that immediately got your lover's concern. Though, those ocean orbs continued to look around when it seemed like you were just playing around with Jean.

"Oohhh, must have been some special people, huh?" Jean just shrugged, not provoked yet. But you knew how to push some of his buttons. "Or someone? The black haired—"

You let out a yelp when he was the one who patted you on your back. No, it wasn't a pat, more like a smack. "Kirstein!"

"It's on you!"

"Kids." Levi, who had been silently observing the scene, finally commented on the two of you, but you and Jean didn't stiff up like how you used to when he said things that sounded spiteful. No. You and your best friend already knew that the captain had a soft spot for everyone in the group.

Onyankopon was supposed to be here, picking all of you up and taking you around this side of the city. Although, he was running late. Only a few minutes, not much, but your friends started to get agitated. Wanting to roam around, but didn't want to get lost in this horde of people.

You wondered where he was, it would be hard to find the nine of you, especially when everyone was perfectly blended in with the other citizens. While waiting, your eyes caught something that you never thought would find here.

A camera.

"I remember what you said, Jean"

Your best friend raised one of his eyebrows in confusion, not expecting your intonation to be soft and gentle all of a sudden. He followed your line of vision, finding a box with circled glass or something.

"Uh, which one?" He looked down at you, copper orbs softening when he saw the serene look on your face, something he rarely sees the past few days near this expedition.

"About the photograph." You started, watching a couple holding hands as the cameraman shouted the countdown. "How you wanted to have a photograph with us in it. With Captain Levi, Commander Hange, Mikasa, Sasha, Connie, Eren, Armin, and—"

The lovebirds giggled all of a sudden, looking at each other instead of the camera as the flash hit them. It must have cost a lot for one photograph, and yet they didn't put their mind into it when the pose wasn't like how they prepared first. The girl jogged towards the cameraman, and a smile broke on her face once she laid her eyes on the result.

"You." Jean continued your words, remembering the time when he shouted the words at the top of his lungs. "Especially... you."

"I am the same." Finally looking away from the lovely sight, you turned to face your best friend, grinning at him. "I want to take a lot of it. With everyone, and yes, you."