49 || Night Terror

You had no energy left.

Your eyes widened, there was nothing you could do when you realised what was just happening. You looked around to see Captain Levi taking care of the Beast Titan, and the next was the Cart Titan, burned by dozens of thunder spears alongside the Marleyan soldiers.

The forces from Paradis had given them a taste of hell, and when you saw the airship on the way to the plaza, you thought then that was it.

You only wanted to stall the time, not wanting to kill anyone as you just focused on protecting the other titans since you knew what your friends in Paradis were capable of doing with the anti-personnel equipment. They could surely immobilise each of the titan shifters within seconds, and it was exactly how the battle ended.

What you didn't expect, however, was for Mikasa to blind your sight with the spears, before she continued to destroy each of your limbs. You were already exhausted, and it took more time to regenerate yourself, even though it was just one eye. Before you could heal completely, you felt a jab right on your left chest, and you realised what it meant.

They knew, Eren knew where your human body was.

A part of you didn't want to believe it despite your submission to fate. He was going to devour you for power, and it was bound to happen knowing he ate your father since he thought the leader of the family must have been the inheritor. Eren perhaps needed the power, and even though that meant he had to kill you, it wouldn't change anything.

You closed your eyes already, surrendering everything as you were all alone now. Even if you still wanted to live, even when you wanted to kiss Armin one last time, and hug each of your best friends — if this was really the time, then you could only hope you will be able to meet them again in another life. You have done enough.

A crack, your brain already feels disorientated. Each press of the jaw was enough to break the bones in your body.

The pain, it was excruciating. Too much! It hurt, you never thought it would feel like this. Dying, to be crushed inside a crystal.

"Eren! Stop!"

Your head was pounding the moment you opened your eyes. Where were you? What was all of that? You felt like you had a deja vu. You sat up abruptly, a wrong choice since you could feel every fibre in your being tensed up and snapped.

"Bad dream?" You let out a gasp, turning around to see Porco, Pieck, and Reiner on the other bed across from yours. "That shitty, huh?"

"Pock?"

"Not you too."

A smile threatened to slip on your face, and it did the moment Porco kept on whining when he received a scolding from the long-haired ravenette. "I know you called me Pock too when we were kids, (Y/n), but please, we are grown-ups now!"

"And just because we are grown-ups, doesn't mean I can't call you affectionately?" You teased, slowly gathering your energy as you tried to remember piece by piece of what happened. "Sorry, sorry. It's just nice to talk to you without... Having the need to hide myself."

"Yeah, well, that one problem is yours."

Pieck kicked his leg a bit, glaring at him since he kept on picking on you. "I mean— You did say that you were not going to be with us anymore. Since you knew and experienced a lot of things on that island, right?"

You moved your legs slowly, wanting to get used to the feeling. After changing your side, you never thought you would wake up with your old comrades surrounding you.